Active Topics

20000108x still paid

Mine is "in Picking" now, too.

20000080X - Germany
Pre- ordered 100€ on 22nd May, finished order on 25th November.

The Following User Says Thank You to Casanunda For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Stockholm
You have at least tracking numbers.
I'm still waiting to receive the login needed for the web shop.

//j

My Tracking id is 20000025x and I'm still in picking ... If shipping happens today or tomorrow it might arrive in AT on Monday

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@gaelic
What you mean by "Tracking id is 20000025x"? This is NOT tracking number, just order ID. When your parcel is processed by Itella then you will have tracking ID that can be used to actually track the progress of your shipment. When your order is "In Picking" that means Jolla is waiting for the courier service to come and pick your parcel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evk View Post
I also doubt that peoples predictions have much to do with reality. We now absolutly nothing about how the work is setup, and what problems there are. We don't even now what the picking status means.
Here is a novel suggestion:

Maybe Jolla could tell us how it is setup? How fast it is estimated to progress? As a startup, I doubt they really have major business secrets to shield in the logistics. People understand it is rudimentary, it is just heating up. They just need info.

Maybe last week Jolla could have told us delay is possible due to this and that reason. You know, BEFORE they were late. And not decided to withhold that information.

This probably would take someone from Jolla mere minutes to gather. Not all of them are packing phones. Or if they are, they could tell that too. Put in a photo or two, be social. Say, give us an estimated percentage of how many pre-orders are picked and packed a day.

You know, openness. Being unlike. That kind of thing. I'll bet it would have saved Jolla tons of questions (and badwill) too.

Jolla wants to be treated as an open startup, yet act like pretty much every company with delivery issues - withholding information on problems, then late PR statements and silence, leaving the community to try and fill out the picture.

Loyalty is not often gathered by vague statements or emotional outbursts. That is what all companies do. Honesty and openness about what is really going on goes a lot further - and that means putting out actual, timely information. The on the ground reality.

Even now, Jolla has chosen not to really do that. What do we really know? And that is telling of how this has been handled.

People, especially Finnish people, are usually very forgiving when one is up-front with them. Brutal honesty can yield surprisingly good returns, yet is so rarely excercised. Especially at this early in Jolla's story, in this particular juncture of it that directly affects their initial supporters, that honesty would - to me - seem like the best policy.

I'm sure Jollas will eventually come. By Christmas, no less. But the communications aspect was a missed opportunity at being Unlike. We could be reading about their trials and tribulations and feel a part of the process. Think of what a semi-daily blog on the shipping process could have achieved. They could have chosen to be open.

Instead there is mostly silence and repeating the same PR phrases that say nothing. Instead, unfairly or not, some community members are now labelling Jolla's sailors as Pirates - there's a wordplay I don't think anyone wanted.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epmt For This Useful Post:
Yes I meant order ID. Keep calm, everyone notices that by reading the number.

Originally Posted by epmt View Post
Here is a novel suggestion:
There is a venting thread... please let's keep this one for status announcements, probabilistic estimations, and alike...

I have also ordered and paid my Jolla and I also wish I had it with me...BUT, all of you should remember that when the order was made, it was stated that the shipping would take about 3 or 4 weeks. We all knew that.

Taking into account that the firsts orders were from November 25th on, they are still in good timing.

3 weeks from November 25th -> December 16th
4 weeks from November 25th -> December 23rd

They said that phones ordered before December 2nd would be delivered in December. Just for the record, December has 31 days...

And believe me, I'm like most of you impatiently waiting. I leave on vacation on December 20th, and if I do not receive the phone then, I will have to wait until Mid-January. Thank would be really crappy.

Last edited by lupastro; 2013-12-12 at 11:13.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lupastro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
There is a venting thread... please let's keep this one for status announcements, probabilistic estimations, and alike...
I have no desire to vent. Mine is actually a solid suggestion to the Jolla people reading this thread: Please provide more information as to where the shipping is going and how you estimate it progressing. They could do it, probably quite easily too.

Jolla, are you picking in order number sequence? And at which number are you currently progressing?