Notices

Hi and thx for the answer

yeah it happens with multiple games...

i just downloaded the n64 emulator and that dosent work as well (dont know if it related)

anything i can try to get more info on the cause?

thx

Zeltak

Not certain as I'm not the creator of the app, but it sounds like somethings bugging down your cpu and restarting your watch dog/s. Maybe try purging and reinstalling the emu.

If it continues to restart, it's probably because you have another application thats clashing with the emu's dependencies or simply bugging down your n900. If the restart happens with other emulators as well, then it's definitely another app thats messing with ur n900.

Not certain about the n64 emu, as it's very easy to mess up with installing that emu. The latest version of the n64 emu is quite a prob to install and still quite buggy.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Sounds like a hardware fault to me. If you're overclocking, stop it now. If not, reflash with the latest firmware and try a common ROM/game. If it doesn't work....

I have a strange issue for some of the roms (Super Mario All Stars, Metroid etc) - the game loads and plays correctly but when I go back to the menu, the Play button is disabled and Restart button shows instead of Continue. Also the emulator cannot be shut down by pressing the "X" in top corner.
The workaround is to load another rom and then shut down.
Is this a know issue or rom related?

Originally Posted by TimusEravan View Post
I have a strange issue for some of the roms (Super Mario All Stars, Metroid etc) - the game loads and plays correctly but when I go back to the menu, the Play button is disabled and Restart button shows instead of Continue. Also the emulator cannot be shut down by pressing the "X" in top corner.
The workaround is to load another rom and then shut down.
Is this a know issue or rom related?
It means it crashes while saving state. I find that weird. Could you launch it from the command line and see if it happens?

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
It means it crashes while saving state. I find that weird. Could you launch it from the command line and see if it happens?
What options should I give to the binary?
I just ran drnoksnes "NameOfRom"
The game starts but no keypresses work - i am also not sure how to save at this point.
Also when run like this from the command line, this warning is shown -
"Cannot open config file /home/user/.config/drnoksnes.conf"

/home/user/.config/drnoksnes.conf file is not present.

Originally Posted by TimusEravan View Post
What options should I give to the binary?
"drnoksnes -o <romname>" (-o will overwrite your current save sate, so take care).

Ran the game with "drnoksnes -o <romname>". The games starts but I could not do anything - so I closed it.
Next I started the UI and loaded the same rom. The Continue button was present from which I could load the save (from the command line save).
Again going back to menu, I had the same problem (buttons disabled, cannot close).

Not are fix but a work around. I have that problem about going back and having the Continue button not work and can't close on a certain game. The best way if you wish to play would be to setup and Quick save key and a quick load key. That the only way I can play Dragon Quest V. Though Dragon Quest VI works fine.

Great snes emulator javis! i have a few suggestions to improve on this program

1st: Sound for games will not work while in silent profile, this is a problem because if silent alerts is desired one must mute all of it under general settings while playing then dial them up afterward, can you somehow make it compatible with silent profile like the media player?

2nd: i tried to play a fighting game using the HW keyboard lol, no way can i play like that well. A good touchscreen controller definitely will be the way to go, but the layout currently in the program is really bad. The controls are too big and i dont see them at all without enabling the grid and keeping the game view small. Is it possible to do something similar to this (portrait mode)?http://www.iphonediario.com/noticias/snes4iphone.jpg But add a 3rd column for the L/R buttons so its a 2x3 layout like the old sega controllers and make the whole template small enough to still be able to press everything well and the game video can maintain good screen real estate. You could even do it in landscape but make the controller transparent enough so it and the game video(if set to high dimensions) can share some of the same space on the screen. I would be interested in designing the layout for you if u want.

Last edited by N900MAN; 2010-11-18 at 08:32.

Tags
drnoksnes, emulator, games, snes, zeemote