Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
This met nicely with the competitions goals of bringing new developers on board whilst growing current development projects. The N950 developer devices are being distributed to people who have already demonstrated mobile development skills, mostly on the N900, and most have ongoing projects. I'm not sure we need to wait for these developers
This bit of reasoning certainly reshaped my opinion of voting to extend the competition.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
VERY valid points and well said. I wish you had created this post some days ago. Everyone should read this paragraph and think about it before voting!
Yes, I completely agree.
Is there a way to change one's vote? I would like to change my vote from #5 to #2 now

Btw, just an idea, how about putting the link to your poll in your sig? That way, it can be more easily found in the discussions here.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Is there a way to change one's vote? I would like to change my vote from #5 to #2 now
No, sorry. Voted is voted as far das I know.
But with your 100€ donation in mind I would say I'm able to remember how you would have voted.

But for the others, what about write down the change of your mind in the Voting thread?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Btw, just an idea, how about putting the link to your poll in your sig? That way, it can be more easily found in the discussions here.
Done!
Could someone please update the wiki and do some promotion at twitter?
I have to cook now. Not much time for tmo today...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Ive voted, after pondering for a day..i figure, there will be another competition coming along next year more than likely anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to piggz For This Useful Post:
There is one limiting factor to the lenght of the competition that has not been mentioned yet... The competition wiki says that the Meego Conference to which the winners will be flown is in November. So we need to get the winners elected well before that...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
My cuteTube entry is now also available for Meego-Harmattan.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1057102

http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=3947

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
I only joined the competition when it was extended, so don't forget it can still grow further by being extended again. I would really like to see more than one entry in every category!
In the last month I had to develop my app in the Qt simulator and abandon the maemo5 target due to the Qt mobility libraries turning out to be incomplete and possibly buggy on the n900. The simulator isn't really good enough either, there's stuff that works in it that crashes on the n950, and stuff that it just can't do. For me, it's pretty much impossible to finish without the actual device, and only a week to do all this remaining work is impossible when you've got out of town guests for that week...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I'm for extending.
I'm again getting to speed with modRana development & preparing for a Harmattan port - first of Mieru and then modRana.
Well, I'm doing this regardless of the competition, but it might still be nice to fit the work inside it's time frame.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Okay, in fact we are never able to make this competition fair for everyone. Some will have more time, others have the better idea.

If I had a say I would suggest to exclude all MeeGo Harmattan N950 related stuff. Not everyone will get this device. And we can't extend it until the N9 is released worldwide.

But I haven't made the rules. And MeeGo is not only about Tablets, it includes also handset devices like the N950.
(zehjotkah had perhaps received a device only because of this competition and the possibility to inflame more developers for the N950, so Nokia want to have the N950 included in this competition - and if this assumption is correct we should respect it)

According to this list 103 out of 250 (249?) developers have received their Nokia N950.

If the N950 MeeGo Device was the reason to extend the competition we should, in my opinion, extend it again until all (or the most) have received their N950 and wait from this point at least 2 weeks to give every lucky N950 guy the chance to catch up and release something. (if ever possible during this time)

It wouldn't be still not fair compared to guys, playing with the device since several weeks... but personally I would have a better feeling about this competition.
Infact, does the programs close to apply ?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
According to some sources: http://www.fonehome.co.uk/2011/07/25...ehome.co.uk%29 the N9 will be available to some on 19th August.
Don't know if this changes anything for the competition.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
The competition is probably a little bit early for N9/N950 apps, although they are very welcome to enter ofcourse. But a few weeks is probably not enough to get to know a new device, get to know the new APIs, and design and test an application. A winter competition would be the ideal introduction for the N9.

The option I would like to choose is not on the voting poll, but it would have been to extend the "Fun and Strange" category by 4 weeks and finish the other categories on the July 31st deadline.

The Fun and Strange category is the only one causing any concern in my view. The other categories all have a good secltion of quality applications that are ready to be judged.

Originally Posted by hilarycheng View Post
Infact, does the programs close to apply ?
Unfortunately you're too late for the N950 developer device program Hilary, although it's expected there will be N9's available at some point in the future. Depending on your project needs you may be interested in one of the MeeGo ExoPC tablets sponsored by Intel which are currently available through the device program. Take a look at https://meego.com/community/device-program for more details

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2011-07-25 at 13:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
coding, community, competition, contest, development, intel, meego, meetmeego, nokia