just flew over post since my last one...
not going to answer individually, but stumbled across Jolla's FAQ...
[...]
Q.2 I would like to know which countries are supported for pre-orders. Please help.

Ans. Countries supported for the Limited ed. Jolla + Other Half (100€) pre-order package at the time of opening May 20, 2013 include Finland, Sweden, Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, and Italy. We’re opening further European countries very soon, stay tuned!
For Limited ed. Jolla + T-Shirt (40€) and 0€ pre-order packages we support global pre-ordering, and yet availability of the Jolla device will decided based on demand from each country solely at the discretion of Jolla Ltd. For the 40€ package we’ll always ship the T-shirt to your selected global address.
We’re looking forward to receiving a sufficient amount of pre-orders in order to serve as many countries as possible. Show your interest by pre-ordering today and you will be among others ensuring availability of Jolla in your country!
[...]
Q.1 I would like to know whether prices and promotions are the same online as they are in stores. Please help.

Ans. Pricing for pre-orders are temporary and solely at the discretion of company management. You will not find Jolla.com pre-order offered anywhere else but on Jolla.com.
Expected availability Q4/2013 subject to demand in your local market. Sales will start in selected European countries with more countries to follow. If you join the Movement and get the pre-order number to buy the phone when available, you’ll pay no more than 399€; including applicable VAT in Europe, but excluding shipping costs, duties and any local taxes.
[...]
and from AllboutN9's collection of Q&As from Jolla's twitter account...
[...]
Does Sailfish support Android applications?
Yes, via Alien Dalvik by Myriad. Many Android applications will run unmodified on Jolla devices. To benefit from Sailfish's user interface, developers have to port their applications.
[...]
Will Sailfish OS be available on Nokia N9?
Not officially, but Jolla is ready to help the community in porting Sailfish to Nokia N9. The user experience won‘t be the same though as on an original Jolla devices.
[...]
information overkill

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Whats your point?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Is it verified that it's a 4.5 inch screen in that phone Mc used for demo? Or will they add a real screen later. Don't see why they need such huge phone if rhe are planning to use a small screen llike that. It doesn't add up.
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
[...]
only conclusion from the demos is that the bezel doesn't seem that big and like underlined in a demo by Martin ("chief designer") considering the importance of sliding the finger from the side, it makes sense to have a good "basis" to start that motion from, rather then
  • having to overcome the resistance from the side of the device & swiping to far / strong / whatever
  • putting the finger on the display not quite from the edge, which probably defeats the "swype" effect
[...]
learn to read, maybe?
thinking wouldn't hurt, but reading would already help...

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
learn to read, maybe?
thinking wouldn't hurt, but reading would already help...
That's ********, all phones can slide today and you don't make it better or easier with a super size frame. I'm not buying it. But you seems to do and I respect that.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

I keep thinking about Jolla and 'the other half' and it occurs to me that this is for DPhone and the Chinese market. All the promos about customizing a phone to suit you seem exactly what a mobile phone and accessories store would want to have. Their margins on the accessories are probably greater than their margins on the cellphones. (Look at how all the Hello Kitty merchandise sells at ridiculous prices.)

We know that the demo had a Chinese app store loaded as well as the Jolla store. Imagine being able to buy the Jolla device in the DPhone retail shop and then being able to pick whatever color "other half" you want also. Imagine being able to load custom content at the time of purchase. Imagine being able to get tickets or songs and videos added easily. You could enter the shop and tap your phone against an in-store device and getting "freebies" transferred to your phone...and while you are in the store you can get "up-sell" to buy another "other half" or other accessories while you are there. Brilliant!

The Jolla tribe are not it's customers. We are the end-users but they are not making phones to sell to the end users, they want to sell to DPhone and DNA so they are the ones they make contracts with and they are the ones they try to innovate for. If they can get traction that way and perhaps get a new business revenue models out there they can be successful. If it works well and other manufacturers want to offer Sailfish on their devices with similar customizations then they have reached their goal of spearheading a new ecosystem.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kingstu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
What about navigation? I know that they don't have resources for their own maps and everything. But will they license it from someone so that it comes on every device or we will have to buy one? I'm fine with second option to but in that case I would like to now that it wont end up like sygic on N900.
They already have a maps application on their devices but didn't show it yet...
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
We know that the demo had a Chinese app store loaded as well as the Jolla store.
That wasn't a chinese app store. It was a chinese android app. It's called QQ and is something like a chinese icq (over 750million users)

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
They already have a maps application on their devices but didn't show it yet...
There is also a navigation app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
And the applications store. What about that? We've heard that first app was released 29 minutes after SDK was released. Which one is that?
Maybe GPodder ? :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red