Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
This one is better I think its Abill_UK at the Local Club but I need to get it confirmed by a source.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UsHD...eature=related

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
To get back on topic, dsmobile from mobile-review claims that the screen that will be used on the N9 consumer device will be pentile amoled and not amoled plus. And the N9 qwerty device will be a simple LCD screen!

^^ thats not a secret, its been known since the teardown last year

OG Leak Photos: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=855903283
- (researched the screen included in these photos: http://www.auo.com/?sn=149&lang=en-US&c=36&n=206)

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
To get back on topic, dsmobile from mobile-review claims that the screen that will be used on the N9 consumer device will be pentile amoled and not amoled plus. And the N9 qwerty device will be a simple LCD screen!
I am more worried about Rich Green because of the two aspects:
- overall direction the company is heading (as much as I dislike past Nokia politics, I don't want to see them as a part of eco$i$tem),
- possibility that real reason for leaving was not related only to the Meego platform in general, but to the fate of the meego devices.

In case that this device is so revolutionary many of you are claiming here, why would Elop allow such device to be released with Meego, and not with WF7/8?

After all, he is dedicated to promoting the eco$i$tem.

That sort of the decision would surely move somebody like Rich Green.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
portrait support good like symbian.
Thanks, but I already understood that from the info on this thread. But how about landscape support? Do all the apps have landscape support?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Originally Posted by momcilo View Post
I am more worried about Rich Green because of the two aspects:
- overall direction the company is heading (as much as I dislike past Nokia politics, I don't want to see them as a part of eco$i$tem),
- possibility that real reason for leaving was not related only to the Meego platform in general, but to the fate of the meego devices.

In case that this device is so revolutionary many of you are claiming here, why would Elop allow such device to be released with Meego, and not with WF7/8?

After all, he is dedicated to promoting the eco$i$tem.

That sort of the decision would surely move somebody like Rich Green.
I agree but it's not clear if he actually is leaving Nokia as I've also read that he is on medical leave from I believe market watch. I could be wrong.

And maybe your right, perhaps since delusional Elop is so determined to pursue the WP7 fantasy of his, Rich probably thought that this "disruptive" Meego/Harmattan platform will never really get the credit that it deserves.

Look at the disaster that Elop has already done on Feb 11 by killing off symbian rather than wait till they actually had a wp7 device. He probably didn't want the board to say for example. "look, symbian sales are not doing so bad, in fact it's getting better, let's keep it for now." since he had his own agenda.

In my opinion I think that Elop is doing exactly that with the N9. Kill it before users can give it a positive feedback.

EDIT: Do we even know for sure that this device will even be announced around the end of June? I know Rich said that there would be one device released this year, but I don't recall Elop saying that.

EDIT: And that device that Elop pulled out @ D9 may very well be a new symbian device. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by blackbox; 2011-06-09 at 21:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Maybe Elop is using the N9 as his everyday phone and that's why he pulled it out of his pocket at D9 conference. Maybe he went to ovi store on his N9 and found that it has no apps for it and so he thinks it's going to take too much effort to fill it up. Then he found that the current OVI Suite app doesn't support the N9 (like N900 before) and was even more disappoined. Then he compared the live tiles in WP7 and was disappointed that N9 didn't have any widgets of any kind. =p

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
I think Elop is to afraid of the N9/50. Afraid that it will be too good. Afraid that it will show the world how capable and good Harmattan is. That the blogosphere and the world will see the N9/50 and not the W7 device as the zenith of what is Nokia is capable of. Afraid that it will get all the attention and steal the light from W7 devices which will be released a few months after Harmatten device. It will show the world that W7 is too much behind and that the better strategy will be to push Meego.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2011 @ /dev/ttyS0
How possible is it that Nokia is releasing the consumer harmatten device to do a public test of new hardware technology that will be in the upcoming WP7 device?

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Maybe Elop is using the N9 as his everyday phone and that's why he pulled it out of his pocket at D9 conference. Maybe he went to ovi store on his N9 and found that it has no apps for it and so he thinks it's going to take too much effort to fill it up. Then he found that the current OVI Suite app doesn't support the N9 (like N900 before) and was even more disappoined. Then he compared the live tiles in WP7 and was disappointed that N9 didn't have any widgets of any kind. =p
That's a lot of well-meant maybes for a high-level-corporate-animal like Elop who thrives on Windows eco$i$tem.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland