Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The conflicting packages message is probably because you also installed Fcam. This problem, caused by Fcam, has already been fixed by our hero Titan. I'm not sure where the fix is other than in the thread about Fcam and Titan's kernel, but I'm sure it will be available soon in the normal App Man place, if it isn't already.
I have uninstalled Fcam and still cannot install.
There must have been some other changes..
Also Titan made a fix to make Fcam work while having Advanced kernel installed, so theres still no fix of which I know for a situation like I have.

hello decided to try overclocking today and i can't get the titan's kernel to flash properly. ive tried reinstalling using apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher but when i shut down and boot it stays on the nokia screen then shuts off. If i boot again it boots with the regular kernel. Am i doing something wrong?

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Originally Posted by ScourgeV View Post
hello decided to try overclocking today and i can't get the titan's kernel to flash properly. ive tried reinstalling using apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher but when i shut down and boot it stays on the nokia screen then shuts off. If i boot again it boots with the regular kernel. Am i doing something wrong?
Is this your first time trying to Overclock the Nokia N900?

if so make sure you install rootsh and then Enhanced Linux Kernal for power users.

Restart then install enhanced linux kernal for power users settings

restART again then go to xterminal and type

"Sudo gainroot" then click enter and then type "kernel-config load ideal"

now to make sure all has worked type "kernel-config show" in the same window

if it says 5oo 800 then it has worked. if you restart now then you will have to do it again

if your phone shutdown or hangs then do this again and type "sudo gainroot
kernel-config load lv
kernel-config limits 250 850" (pressing enter after every line)

dont include the """"" when typing in xterminal

if it works for you then thank me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pyro1099 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
Sorry I didn't notice. I didn't receive the email telling me that you had replied to my post.

... and I wanted to post in this one since this is the main overclocking thread but mistakenly posted on the other since the thread titles were so similar.
No problem. Note that if you want to delete a post -- for example if you find a better place to post it -- you can choose to edit the post, then delete it. I have gotten rid of many of my dumb posts that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Is there any news on the maemo38 update?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Is there any news on the maemo38 update?
Last news is this one http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=448; the "critical" issue regarding v37 and the big news "fCamera" has been somewhat solved with titans package of the "fcam" kernel modules...

The Following User Says Thank You to HugoSon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
Last news is this one http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=448; the "critical" issue regarding v37 and the big news "fCamera" has been somewhat solved with titans package of the "fcam" kernel modules...
Thanks but i knew that. I also saw that the update would come during this weekend to the repo. So i was wondering if something had happend. I guess it will come in due time.

OC'd my N900 to 500 and 1000Mhz and I'm wondering when it switches to 500Mhz? In standby mode?

Anyways, many thanks to Titan

Originally Posted by Parody View Post
OC'd my N900 to 500 and 1000Mhz and I'm wondering when it switches to 500Mhz? In standby mode?

Anyways, many thanks to Titan
it will switch to 500 whenever the processor isnt processing anything heavy like opening a program, it will switch to 500 when you lock the device or leave it for sometime.

if your doing something in a program or playing music it will stay at 1000 or 850, whatever you have it OC'd at.

or when the cpu reachs a percentage of use

Originally Posted by ScourgeV View Post
so I'm assuming since you thanked me, that it worked, and your N900 is now overclocked?

btw thanks for the thanks

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom