Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Yeah, but thing is, don't know if I can bear the wait! Plus, according to a few, the deals at NFS aren't exactly the same as MDP. And I don't want to be stuck on a 24mnth contract.
Consider another option - take the best deal you can possibly get right now with other phone (ie. N97/N97Mini), stick it on eBay straight away, and buy SIM-free N900 instead.

Originally Posted by Kieron View Post
Yeah, but thing is, don't know if I can bear the wait! Plus, according to a few, the deals at NFS aren't exactly the same as MDP. And I don't want to be stuck on a 24mnth contract.

I'm going to try them though. I'll try and ask tonight as well if I get the chance.

Yes i phoned the NFS and they would only offer me a 24month contract. Phone MPD and they said that some offers were not available in store (in this case the 18month deal)

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by biggzi View Post
Yes i phoned the NFS and they would only offer me a 24month contract. Phone MPD and they said that some offers were not available in store (in this case the 18month deal)
That's interesting, because when I signed yesterday at the NFS it was the 18 month deal. I may have to check that

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by evad View Post
However, I really hate the idea of T-Mobile merger with Orange
Me too. After my daughter and I were treated really badly by Orange, we started moving the whole family to T-Mobile (as our PAYG credit ran out). Now our move is being redered pointless by the merger.

When my N900 arrives I'm going to try a Virgin PAYG SIM card. Virgin uses T-mobile's network, so I'm assuming performance will be identical to using a T-mobile SIM card. Virgin's PAYG charges are lower (30p per day for 25MB, or £5 per month for 1GB) although unlike T-mobile they do have a charge for usage above those levels.

Regards,
Roger

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Consider another option - take the best deal you can possibly get right now with other phone (ie. N97/N97Mini), stick it on eBay straight away, and buy SIM-free N900 instead.
Yeah... I'd much prefer a Sim only one anyway, for when the sucessor comes along. I've just looked, ebay prices online are around 400. Best contract is around 600.

I'm going to try have a look into it though, cheers.

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
Me too. After my daughter and I were treated really badly by Orange, we started moving the whole family to T-Mobile (as our PAYG credit ran out). Now our move is being redered pointless by the merger.
To be honest, I am quite surprised that T-Mobile was in trouble, as I can see them gradually improving over time (services, tariffs, website etc.). But well, business is business I guess. I just regret that wasn't Vodafone instead of Orange. Anyway, who knows - maybe it would actually get better after the merger? Will see.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
all i'm saying to all them going to use t-mobile or are using t-mobile, enjoy your privacy or lack of it lol
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...n-1822232.html

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-11-17 at 18:49.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
all i'm saying to all them going to use t-mobile or are using t-mobile, enjoy your privacy or lack of it lol
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...n-1822232.html
Ugh, I read about this earlier, but didn't know which operator

Makes you wonder what other information was sold on

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i read earlier too and it did not say which operator, but all other networks denied it was anything to do with them therefore forcing T-mobile to come out and admit it was them

At last!!!

Flagship News: This is it! The #N900 selling on Thursday 19th November in our Flagship Store. £499 Sim Free. Be the first to have it.

For those who ordered through MPD I'd suggest you strongly consider this option lol

Tags
£306!!