Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I had to reflash immediately after upgrading to 0.9.6 from 0.9.4, I think. I got a vague “something is wrong” message with a suggestion that I try Nokia Updater and contact Nokia Care if that didn't work. Updater didn't fix anything but flashing did. I'm not complaining, just reporting.
yes me too thats hapen when uninstal 0.9.4

Originally Posted by panukooo View Post
Originally Posted by geneven
I had to reflash immediately after upgrading to 0.9.6 from 0.9.4, I think. I got a vague “something is wrong” message with a suggestion that I try Nokia Updater and contact Nokia Care if that didn't work. Updater didn't fix anything but flashing did. I'm not complaining, just reporting.
yes me too thats hapen when uninstal 0.9.4
According to traysh if u have 0.9.4, u need to uninstall it first before updating to either 0.9.5 or 0.9.6. I uninstalled 0.9.4 and the device rebooted by itself after uninstalling. Then let it run awhile without fastern9 and then install 0.9.6. No issues after one day usage. Of course I need to test in a long run to confirm.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
why traysh didnt update the 1st post?

Ok guys, I've found the problem. I tried to update from 9.4 to 9.6 without uninstalling 9.4. Thankfuly it did not MALF my phone, apparently it failed to install. Or so the application manager says. So this whole time fastern9 has not been running. Better than having to reflash though. The problem now is that i can't uninstall what's left of 9.4. Any terminal command that would remove it?

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
why traysh didnt update the 1st post?
It's messy, I want to rewrite it but don't have time :-(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
Ok guys, I've found the problem. I tried to update from 9.4 to 9.6 without uninstalling 9.4. Thankfuly it did not MALF my phone, apparently it failed to install. Or so the application manager says. So this whole time fastern9 has not been running. Better than having to reflash though. The problem now is that i can't uninstall what's left of 9.4. Any terminal command that would remove it?
It did uninstall, just didn't install 0.9.6. It's a bug in the postrm script of 0.9.4, it reboots the phone after uninstalling the old version and before installing the new one. Just install 0.9.6. Or wait for the magical 0.9.7 I'll release in some minutes.

Last edited by traysh; 2012-06-04 at 05:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 216 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Mars
In the first post,it only shows 0.94 O.o

Originally Posted by ThraxZzz View Post
In the first post,it only shows 0.94 O.o
New version here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
To remove some installed package completely:

Code:
# apt-get --purge remove <packagename>
In this particular case I guess the package name would be fastern9, but you can check it with:

Code:
 $ dpkg -l | grep fastern9
Another way to purge packages, if the first method fails is to use:

Code:
# dpkg -P <packagename>
If there's some dependency problems (package doesn't remove cleanly), then:

Code:
# apt-get -f install
..and trying again might help.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Atlanta
Traysh, I've been running noop and low swappiness for a few weeks with no problems so I don't think they deserve to be relegated to your unstable version..

I'm not running a stock FasterN9 config (I've increased /syspart/system/background/ memory-limit to 128 among other things) but...
On my phone I mainly get failcnts from /syspart/system/desktop and I occasionally get them for /syspart/system/applications/standby

I've got a pretty big performance improvement in the works (not directly related to FasterN9) but I'll keep it hush-hush for now.

<Fig-

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fignew For This Useful Post: