Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Hi guys,
I tried the blurless_saturation option (set to 1) in the newest CSSU features configuration application, but now hildon-desktop keeps crashing, and my n900 reboots constantly (jeej my-first-reboot-loop)
So I believe my transitions.ini is messed up, is there any way to get to that without reflashing my device? Thanks!

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
I need a bit of help. I updated cssu, everything worked. Then I played with transitions.ini file. I made a mistake somewhere and now it went into a reboot loop. I enabled rd mode n bypassed the guard so I can recover the transitions.ini file or put the original one back in place. Problem is my screen n icons r messed up now, I can't find a way to access xterm to fix it. I just need to get to xterm.... Please help.
you did the same as what i did cept i freaked and did a restore with backupmenu which brought up a shed load of errors whilst restoring but gave me back a working device, fine as long as you have backupmenu already installed.
other than that i can't help you

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-09-09 at 08:20.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
those were an upgrade flies for CSSU 16.5....i believe your are still on 16 so there no problem upgrading those files...
CSSU 16.5 ??? when it has been released?? I'm still on v16!!
thanks for your help!!!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Arctic Circle / Finland
My CSSU upgrade went fine. Only problem occurs is that i had bigger desktop icons and now they reverted back to orginal size. Is there any solution to change their size again?

Woot! Fixed it!
Booted my phone into R&D mode, look here for info
And than before hildon-desktop crashed quickly pressed [ctrl]+[shift]+[X] and replaced my corrupted transition.ini with a (working) older backup.

Still, it works fine now, but how can it be that is went into rebooting after editing the transitions.ini trough the CSSU features config?

Happens to me also.

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
Code:
Reading the configuration settings gave a FATAL ERROR
while loading. Not all settings are available

Exiting.
--vr

Thats because the transitions.ini file misses a line. It is explained somewhere in this tread. You must add a line blurless_saturation = 0 to it, inder the blurless = line.
But be carefull, just fixed a rebootloop caused by messing with that file...

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Gent, Belgium
Bizarre, since 16.5 I'm getting lots of random reboots when the phone is idling. And I only saw one other person getting random reboot after upgrade to 16.5.

Together with the 16.5 upgrade I only upgraded the CSSU Features application and the Fahrplan application. Is there a way to go back to CSSU v.16 ? That one was rock stable for me (for the short period it was there of course).

Thanks for all effort put into this titan work !!

Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
Thats because the transitions.ini file misses a line. It is explained somewhere in this tread. You must add a line blurless_saturation = 0 to it, inder the blurless = line.
But be carefull, just fixed a rebootloop caused by messing with that file...
i already have it in "transitions.ini.default"

I managed to fix CSSU Feature. But still Media player problem appears: Video section keep searching for videos and also music playlist section keep reloading.

-EDIT-

Solved problem with Media player. Connected with PC and added several files to phone memory. After that restarted my N900.

Result: Everything went back to normal.

Probably some-kind of glitch.
  3. Nokia 6110 Navigator (Black)
  4. Nokia N900
  5. Sony Xperia Z1
  6. Nokia 8

Last edited by Protegio; 2011-09-09 at 16:13. Reason: Solved problem

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade