Notices

Briefly skimmed over the dependencies... yadda yadda yadda.... fired off the .deb.

Turns out I was on CSSU stable... not testing... it was a mess.

After swapping out the CSSU repos and slogging through a manual update with dpkg and force-reinstalling maemeemo... it's now working.

And the best thing I've installed on my N900 in a long time!!! :-D

.... but be sure your on CSSU testing... the .deb doesn't check that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flynx For This Useful Post:
still waiting the 1.4 deb version...

The Following User Says Thank You to zincholic For This Useful Post:
me too waiting for it

why must need to CSSU-T.

why not use CSSU-S?

i dont know!!

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
I think it will work with CSSU-S. Once TransTech told me this, and added that he will correct the first thread in the next opportunity.

The Following User Says Thank You to bharathkumarst For This Useful Post:
Please do NOT spam threads!

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
hay buddy dont misunderstand. i dint meant that. i just wanted to support u. but im sorry il not reply here again sorry

@To All: Sorry everybody for not replying to all of your comments as I was very busy for the last month and maybe for next one month too due to some problems at work, I'm very sorry that I cannot inform you all about the .deb version of Maemeemo Update 1.4 as I didnt get a reply from @Marmistrz (the maintainer of Maemeemo .deb package) earlier, and now he had replied me with a cause that he was very busy too due to the 2012 Maemo Coding Competition and other projects; but he has promised to update MaeMeeMo .deb version as soon as he gets some free time ( i.e. around mid September... )

Btw you can still try Maemeemo by semi-easy method i.e. Install .deb version first and then manually upgrade to Update 1.4 for the time being... and I would like to tell you that Update 1.4 is a major release but its urgency is [medium] as the current .deb version is quite stable to use...

p.s. If anyone like to update the .deb version on behalf of the maintainer then please send a PM to me and @Marmistrz about it, we would be happy for your support and will definately add a credit on first post , thank you...

Originally Posted by bharathkumarst View Post
I think it will work with CSSU-S. Once TransTech told me this, and added that he will correct the first thread in the next opportunity.
I think the CSSU-S and CSSU-T are both added to dependency in the last version, the CSSU-S version was left out because it didnt supported Portrait Wallpapers earlier which caused reboot loops... So it think it can now work on it, but anyway need to recheck the dependencies and needed to be solved soon...

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
yo friends i think its time to upgrade maemeemo to maemattan. wat u say?
Swipe is not easily possible on Maemo5, though there is some similar feature in MicroB, but still its not totally possible as hildon-desktop and hildon-home code is not available AFAIK!

BTW MaeDriod is possible to create adding some mimicing behavior...

hay buddy dont misunderstand. i dint meant that. i just wanted to support u. but im sorry il not reply here again sorry
Sorry, I know you didnt mean that but please keep threads clean, please edit your previous post to add what you would like to say anything further with "EDIT:" tags, please avoid posting multiple comments at a time, you can also add "@" symbol to refer/ designate a person in the same comment... I hope you know that already, anyway I know you are in love with the eye-catching SWIPE UI on harmattan... see ya...

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa

u can do something wit dis?? http://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle-hildon-desktop
Sorry but i'm not a coder, i'm just a designer, modder and tester here.. coding is not my job... ask some experts here who can help you... btw yours is an Off-topic (unreleated to this thread) there are many threads about your question, please press the power search button on the right menu and search for Swipe on N900 or something similar hope you get your answer there...

The Following User Says Thank You to TransTech For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemeemo