Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
Weirdly, my AGPS was working with no problems on the latest CSSU, but suddenly it stopped ! It's still searching for 5 minutes now and no sattelites found!
use supl.google.com as a server.
Using supl.nokia.com doesnt lock gps at all
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cloud596 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Do you have battery and/or speedpatch installed and using power kernel v48?

I had such problems and first uninstalled patches, than re-installed CSSU (fortunately at first had 16.5 and when ran reinstall 16.8 was in repos

After that installed only dbus-scripts and latest battery patch (the one from thread --> 1.9-7, not the one in repos).

I'm testing this config and had no reboots since yesterday and also very cold when using wifi, gprs or gps (I'm heavy user of eCoach and AGTL ). I'll wait few more days before reapplying speedpatch as it seems require more tweaking on my device.

Cheers,
b.
mate, that might just be it. i reverted back to the old CSSU with a good backup image. all reboots was driving me up the wall. i also have power kernel and i overclock.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Do you have battery and/or speedpatch installed and using power kernel v48?

I had such problems and first uninstalled patches, than re-installed CSSU (fortunately at first had 16.5 and when ran reinstall 16.8 was in repos :)

After that installed only dbus-scripts and latest battery patch (the one from thread --> 1.9-7, not the one in repos).

I'm testing this config and had no reboots since yesterday and also very cold when using wifi, gprs or gps (I'm heavy user of eCoach and AGTL :D). I'll wait few more days before reapplying speedpatch as it seems require more tweaking on my device.

Cheers,
b.
Thanks, but in my case I still use v46 because of the backwards compatibility problems within v47 and v48 (ie: bq27200) |:(
About Karam's speedpatch, I would only think on trying it if he did a script with a sequence of tasks that would be measured before applying and after applying the speedpatch (would need to be run 10 times to get the average) and in the end he would show how much improvement has been made (of course, with the same clock). As it has not being shown, I haven't installed it.

Right now it has been working for 10 hours ok, looks like it will keep this way. I know my phone was somewhat stable before because I was able to let it run for almost 3 weeks since the last reboot (that was a randon one, by the way).

I use 250~750oc (with my own energy tweaks, somewhat close to starving until 700+ when my phone needs to go closer to ideal voltages), but right now I'm using stock default, exactly to rule it out. I also have hardware acceleration enabled, if my phone reboots again, I might take a look there (but as I said, it was stable before).

MAYBE it could have been because I was trying to measure the real capacity of my battery, so I was draining it to the end, and the reboots happened in the subsequent recharge, but then a third random reboot unrelated happened while I was thinking that.

I'm still looking at it.

Thanks!

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i'm starting to get pi$$ @ff on CSSU 16.8....last night i turn off my device & when i turn it on this morning i got a major bug....

"i cannot use root,sudo or even sudo gainroot on x-term anymore"

maybe CSSU team should make first instructions before installing CSSU like this....

1.backup
2.reflash
3.restore backup
4.install CSSU
5.done

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
backup, install, THEN reboot... thats all you need to do

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
anyone else notice you can't send email in portrait ?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
Hi guys , i recently upgraded some files , including linux kernel all libqtm(wat are these files?) cssu features app and i think the new update for cssu. but something wierd has happened , cssu features doesnt work and cssu info doesnt show up in settings(if you know what i mean). although everything seems to work fine. how can i fix this without a reflash? if someone can help it would be much appreciated.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
just to add to previous comments, I too havegps problems.prior to the latest cssu no problems, now I sometimes have problems getting a fix, phone sometimes reboots. Only thing that has changed is cssu update

my gps took a lot of time to fix too, but then it worked properly. (cssu 16.8 and sygic 10)

BUT i did just one route, not more, so it may not be represantive.

may it be the problem, that the gps was "resetted" so that it had to do the very frst fix which needs more time?

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
Hi guys , i recently upgraded some files , including linux kernel all libqtm(wat are these files?) cssu features app and i think the new update for cssu. but something wierd has happened , cssu features doesnt work and cssu info doesnt show up in settings(if you know what i mean). although everything seems to work fine. how can i fix this without a reflash? if someone can help it would be much appreciated.
My bet's it is a partial install. Try apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and check error messages, if any. It should help us find out the problem

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade