Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
MeeGo.org wasnt around when them devices came out genius..

Harmattan is Maemo 6, it is Maemo and not MeeGo, has been talked to death, go read some documentation, or find the old thread and read what was discussed and the links shared.

MeeGo is RPM whereas Maemo is DEB.

Oh and surprise surprise, N9 Harmattan uses DEB.
lol, what has package manager have to do with this, learn a thing or two about linux so you dont make claims like this, basically any distro can be made to use any type of package as long as OS meets all the dependencies of whatever is inside tha package
using dpkg does not make it maemo nor does it mean that it is not meego
harmattan might not be true meego but it is certanly not maemo

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Germany
Hi,

I have a idea!

I am missing the current Status, Online or Offline?!

A live icon on the Homescreen:

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by Kinggene View Post
I'm using filebox to try and copy the files but everytime i try it tells me you don't have permission
try to copy from terminal, amd dont forget become root first

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
@tgalal: I cannot send you bug reports to the given e-mail-address - it says "relay access denied" - could you please fix this?

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Somebody should take a look at Conversations.qml. There be dragons.
I mean, bugs, to fix. Looking into the ListView.
Also, SpeechBubble, should only resize to the text inside, not always at parent width.

Originally Posted by MAX9 View Post
Hi,

I have a idea!

I am missing the current Status, Online or Offline?!

A live icon on the Homescreen:

We could just have a red icon when it's offline and green when online.. ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
lol, what has package manager have to do with this, learn a thing or two about linux so you dont make claims like this, basically any distro can be made to use any type of package as long as OS meets all the dependencies of whatever is inside tha package
using dpkg does not make it maemo nor does it mean that it is not meego
harmattan might not be true meego but it is certanly not maemo
Sorry for being offtopic, but someone is wrong in the internet...
Harmattan is based on maemo, uses Qt instead of hildon and has a MeeGo compatibility layer.
It has more in common with maemo than with MeeGo. Some maemo packages even run unmodified in Harmattan.
It was named as MeeGo for marketing reasons but in fact there is no much MeeGo in Harmattan.

You might take a look at MeeGo for ARM and check the differences to Harmattan.
/offtopic

edit: in the end it's all based on the linux kernel, so everything is "similar" to a certain point.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Sorry for being offtopic, but someone is wrong in the internet...
Harmattan is based on maemo, uses Qt instead of hildon and has a MeeGo compatibility layer.
It has more in common with maemo than with MeeGo. Some maemo packages even run unmodified in Harmattan.
It was named as MeeGo for marketing reasons but in fact there is no much MeeGo in Harmattan.

You might take a look at MeeGo for ARM and check the differences to Harmattan.
/offtopic

edit: in the end it's all based on the linux kernel, so everything is "similar" to a certain point.

thx for clarify this

Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
Hi, I have found a bug, I hope it has not been already mentionned, I didn't read carefully the whole thread.

As the email doesn't seems to work, I explain it here.

When I close the app by a swipe down and then I close the wifi connection, I am not able to reconnect again: when I open the app again and I open the wifi connection, it is always marked "Offline" and I cannot send or receive a message.

For resolving the problem, I have to close the app by the "Quit" buton and then I have to restart it. Only by doing this, it works again.

Thanks again for this great app.
This bug also occurs with Power Saving Mode(PSM). As soon as power saving mode activates, the connection is killed to save battery, and WhatsApp stops receiving and sending.

Even manually connecting to the internet doesn't always get the app going again, disabling PSM and restarting the App a few times seems to have sorted it, but quite annoying if your out n your phone goes into PSM when you need WhatsApp.

Maybe have Wazapp look at whether PSM is active or not, and if its active ask if the user wants Wazapp to remain using a data connection or not.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2012 @ Hong Kong
n9 the users seem to have forgotten the n900 users because they are beginning to wazapp n900 user to wait for their own cell phone, I would like to ask tgalal team is now not in the work n900 wazapp, I would like to know the n900wazapp progress, because I waited a long time.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp