Notices

Originally Posted by jkq View Post
I'm on a n900. I just updated to 2010.10.16, and I can confirm that the shuffle problems are fixed there. Thanks!

It looks like it now takes ~1min to switch between tracks for me, but I've been running it with "MediaBox -vvvv &> ~/mbox.log", so I don't know how much of it is due to the logging. Hopefully it is the logging, as it used to take a few seconds (I don't recall how many tho) to change tracks.

My cover art is mostly in external files, PNG formatted. I can hunt down exact sizes if needed, but they vary from around 500x500 pixels in size to maybe 2000x2000.

I've attached the log (generated from the command above) of it playing a few tracks (with song names and other details removed) and the script I used to rip that data out. They'll both need to be un-gzip'd.

-jkq
Good to see I'm not the only one having this issue. I've got some 2500 files and, like jkq have mostly separate JPEG files for coverart. I've updated to the latest and this has been pretty persistent. Between tracks it sits at 100% CPU usage (if Modest isn't wasting CPU time being useless.)

I am assuming you are running a profiler on this, and that it's just some difficult data search?

side note: I've been forced to stop using it. It sits at 99% CPU and makes the system wholly unresponsive to screen taps, and doesn't respond to interactions with its UI anymore. Sadly the default media player is outright broken and doesn't list any songs whatsoever.

Last edited by wmarone; 2010-10-18 at 22:09.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Yeap noticed that as well. The CPU resource usage is extremely high in the new version thus making it very unresponsive. It hangend on me yesterday for the first time, forcing a reboot.

Any way of getting the older version before the fix is out?

Originally Posted by harvindhillon View Post
Yeap noticed that as well. The CPU resource usage is extremely high in the new version thus making it very unresponsive. It hangend on me yesterday for the first time, forcing a reboot.

I thought it was only me. It's lagging for me as well.

I'm using Diablo on n810. Am I able to install and update to the latest svn revisions? Or is this something I'd have to learn how to build to get the latest svn?

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
When resuming or even playing from within gpodder with
mediabox closed makes mediabox start, but not with the
podcast. It starts with the last played content. When resuming
within gpodder with mediabox already open makes mediabox
play the podcast from beginning, but with the correct resuming
time in the timestamp.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by harvindhillon View Post

You can uninstall MediaBox, disable extras-testing and -devel and install MediaBox again. This will give you the previous version.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Weird.. I don't seem to have that track skipping problem..
Nor me, in fact I would say it's much quicker to skip tracks than previous versions..

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
if possible the one in the picture

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
problem with youtube download with newer version, it never completes downloads and often returns message "download aborted" or hangs after few MB of download.... any help what I could do resolve this on MediaBox

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
I have tested the latest trunk. Playing starts when everything, also the
cover art is loaded. I think, that is the better behavior.
The long skipping times seem really to be caused by the cover art.
Skipping without covers takes about 1 second. Skipping with covers
takes about 6 seconds. Do you think, that this is caused by converting
the cover? The most covers were used earlier and mediabox already
created an item in the album folder. I don't think, that this is caused
by the sdhc card.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules