Closed Thread
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
What is the name of this app please? The one that shows satellite info.
Mappero
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/Maemo5/maemo-mapper/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsolano For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
@qwazix
i also had problems locking with gps yesterday but i tried corduroysack's suggestion: "change supl.nokia.com to supl.google.com in network positioning found in location in settings"
that did help. i'm using 16.8 and karam's patches (manual install, not from repo).
The thing is I am using maps both online and offline, and I fear that if it is a server thing maybe I lose the ability to get a fix while offline. I have read many threads about not being able to get a fix without assistance, and I did experience this problem before pr1.1 (long ago). Thankfully I hadn't encountered it again since then so I am being cautious, as there is nothing bothering me in 16.5 and I love the new features.

I think I will update though one of these days. I trust MAG who says the GPS wasn't tampered with. On the other hand I know it's kind of butterfly effect in computers sometimes.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Anyone got idea why supl.nokia.com doesn't work anymore? It is unrelated to CSSU update, yes?
sorry for double posting I'm just reading through what I missed.

My guess is that supl.nokia.com didn't stop working now. I think it's either not working or very ineffective but since a long time now. Maybe the update cleaned (or you guys to make rootfs space) the cache and the gps had to make a cold start. Changing the value to google helped get a fix faster which created the effect that suddenly the nokia server stopped working.

I can still remember people here advising to change the server to google's since the PR1.0 days and it sure helped. Helped me too back then. But I have reflashed twice since then, never changed the server since the reflash, and just by being patient enough the first time I can always get a lock either on or offline

Dammit! Modest just crashed

It was sitting in the background while I was reading this thread, with no other apps open. It was open for more than a day though which is a huge improvement by itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Dammit! Modest just crashed

It was sitting in the background while I was reading this thread, with no other apps open. It was open for more than a day though which is a huge improvement by itself.
Anybody know if that is in regards to Matt (believe that is his name) contribution with offline sync? I installed his patch before it hit CSSU and it sometimes crashed.

The patch itself is a godsend but it might be wrecking havoc with CSSU somewhere.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
There is one user testing this, so far no crashes. Please someone experiencing regular modest crashes to test it, so we can either confirm that at least one bug in modest is smashed or to continue searching for it.

Thanks.
Installed CSSU this morning and had a repeatable crash in modest any time I chose Nokia Messaging. Installed this update and no crashes after 5 hours, looks like it is smashed for my use.

Rock on developers. Rock on indeed.

Originally Posted by kayamagan View Post
hello

how to remove the orientation lock applet from the status menu?

thank
I use a package called powatool. It lets you remove the "Nokia Hands" video from startup, and edit what buttons appear in the Status Menu.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
today i reflashed my phone and installed cssu.. i am not getting the hildon desktop(down swipe).. i am getting right-left swipe... can anyone help me out with installation of down swipe.. soory for my english and thanks in advance

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Did a Q&D search of this thread, scanned bugzilla and didn't come across this issue so I wanted to run it by here in case it's consistent.

If I use the desktop dropdown to change my background, all the button does is remove my calendar and dr. launch widgets, that's it. Can anyone confirm this behavior?

If this was already noted and I missed it, I apologize.

Last edited by Sphinx780; 2011-09-14 at 01:52.

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
today i reflashed my phone and installed cssu.. i am not getting the hildon desktop(down swipe).. i am getting right-left swipe... can anyone help me out with installation of down swipe.. soory for my english and thanks in advance
To go from homescreen to homescreen?
Download the CSSU features app (in extras-devel) and it'll let you configure it to go up-down.

The Following User Says Thank You to cincibluer6 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade