Originally Posted by bequezox View Post
I'm attending one of those N9 events next thursday, so if anyone's got some questions, i'll be more than happy to ask them, or try to figure them out myself...
Does the bluetooth stack include PBAP (phone book access profile)?
How is the SIP support?

Some more Symbian apps coming to N9 it seems like.
Different Tack -Winner of Nokia's Calling All Innovators, coming to MeeGo
http://nokiagadgets.com/2011/08/31/d...nce=87422c579e

Has anybody tried it on Symbian?

Last edited by tissot; 2011-08-31 at 20:08.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post

*maybe even MUJI? (wishful thinking)
MUJI in my native language means pubic hair, and i sure do hope it doesnot include that.....

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 188 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
  • ask about bluetooth (is it 4.0 or not!?).
  • ask about email provisioning (does it exist or not!?).
  • ask about radio transmitter and receiver.
  • ask whether the white N9 exists or if its just a case.
  • ask about warranty support for people that buy the phone in countries where it's not sold.
  • ask about a release date.
  • ask about which accessories will be available at launch.
  • ask about how they plan to handle battery replacement (and general repair issues)
  • ask about how 3rd party apps will be delivered (e.g. via ovi or some other repository)
  • ask them why the El Gamal 15 clue on N9 Seconds was wrong and they didn't fix it.
Added to todo list. I wont promise neither long nor satisfying answer, but i will definately do my best to get it.

@lindegaard, you've got it!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bequezox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I'm attending one of those N9 events next thursday, so if anyone's got some questions, i'll be more than happy to ask them, or try to figure them out myself...

No matter what, i'll look into the VKB, and the overall feel and responsiveness of the UI... and of course it'll all be IMHO, but i'll try to explain my views ... but as mentioned.. questions are welcome
please ask this question annd make sure you get an answer

why pick MrElop as CEO when we all knows he want to kill Meego (and N9) in favour of WP7? if you get an non ******** answet of that question I will for sure give out one n9 for you for free.....

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
i'm attending one of those n9 events next thursday, so if anyone's got some questions, i'll be more than happy to ask them, or try to figure them out myself...

No matter what, i'll look into the vkb, and the overall feel and responsiveness of the ui... And of course it'll all be imho, but i'll try to explain my views ... But as mentioned.. Questions are welcome
ask about the battery life. A very important question

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
The price of everything and the value of nothing.* I know pricing is important, and these are the words coming from a self-funded student but having gotten used to the freedom of maemo/MeeGo, I can't see any alternative coming out in the near future.

And I am not gonna bite too early, aiming for december when my contract is at an end and the pricing will predictably drop somewhat, I can hopefully can get it subsidised. If the microusb stays attached I can just be happy with it. What will the N9 be like 2 years from now, I bet still a nice looking phone with up-to date multitasking (n900 as reference here) probably OC'ed to 1.5Ghz to keep it 'hot'.

And by the way, I'm sure it will be less expansive then the Iphone5!

* This is a good song by the way [/offtopic]

The Following User Says Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I'm happy to pay more than a higher spec'd Android...
Because I know Nokia's put far more expenditure into the software than any Android OEM.
Plus the overall hardware design (when everything's factored-in) is still pretty impressive.
It remains to be seen how much exactly that "premium" is.
If it's hugely more expensive, then I'll probably give it a miss too.

It's just too early & there's still too many unknowns to claim it's not a good phone.
It's quite probable it won't be as good value as many.
But price aside, where it stands overall is still impossible to determine.

But if it's not buyable until well after Sep30 then I'm done, good-bye Nokia forever.
Problem is Nokia again marketing! I was on a party tonight and started to discuss Iphone and Android and Nokia and even if in sweden (were actually N9 has got SOME marketing) no one knows about N9. But they all know Nokia is going WP7 and all is laugting ALOT about it.

So question is WHAT THE HELL IS NOKIA THINKING!!!

if they had some ****ing brain inside the board they should continue with Meego and Symbiand and QT and MARKETING the damn phones in a better way.

Show the world what they strong at:

* Dev framework like QtQuick is PISSING on Iphones ObjectC and Android Java in many ways.

* Camera is PISSING on 90% of the Android phones (and no I DONT talk about ****ing Mpix here a talk about ISO!) and Iphone has no chance to compete maybe with Nokia phones who doesnt have a camera! (Funny is if you take THAT discussion everyone says "Oh well I dont care about camera" looks like 100000 apps is more intresting even if 90 000 of those apps sucks

* HW, over all, is pissing on many of those taiwan/kina Androidphones

* Battery energy is many time less than Androids/Iphone atleast in case of symbian

But was does Nokia do? "Ohh we have to compete and have 30 000 apps for WP/ instead of Sym/Meego. Lets get raped by Microsoft and let them steal our innovations and make sure WP7 gets ported to TI and STE"

Nokia you FAIL. Elop your strategy FAIL. Ohh dumb mee I forgot MrFlop Strategy success but NOT for Nokias sake.

But too the engineers working ON Maemo Fremantle/Harmattan(and now many of them gone at Nokia) I have your trust and will buy N9 even if it dies,

Personally I already knows Nokia strategy is FAIL and I dont give a **** if Nokia N9 is abandoned in a week after release! (if it ever get releaed I just begining to wondert that to after todays Nokia 703

Same goes for Palm and WebOS now killed by HP. What the **** is going ON! Are all companys just plain STUPID! Do theyt think every damn person is brainwatched by WP7/Iphgone or Android?!?

Again If I got a chance to get that damn touchpad with WebOS I would by it.But funny is its not sold in northeuropean Like the N9 is not sold in US/UK?`WTF!!? Conlusion the ****ing companys is pissing on the open source community and THAT make me more pissed than ever before.

Funny is how many android freaks is also pissing on Maemo/Meego and making ffun of N9 even if its MrFlop and the board we should piss on!

You dont realise the fact that Android is the next most open OS that will be killed by Apple and Microsoft :-(

Bussiness as usual fun isnt it? Especially americans seems to be the most naive here. Thing is we are all brainwatched by the companys AND the goverment!

Dont take it personally we we have different way of thinking how stuf is working-. Americans is trusting companys to much and we Eurpeans (especially sweden) is thinking the goverment is the once "fixit it". But none of us seems to do it right atm...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-08-31 at 22:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Find out WTF's happening to flash, & the front-facing camera too if you can!
For vid-chat, is there going to be a XMPP/Jingle* or Skype client, or both or what!?

*maybe even MUJI? (wishful thinking)
The front facing thing going on is just design. It comes with skype - also integrated in the contacts

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Added to todo list. I wont promise neither long nor satisfying answer, but i will definately do my best to get it.

@lindegaard, you've got it!!
huh? what have I said?

Anyway I can already answer one of the questions:
  • ask about which accessories will be available at launch.
the will be the Nokia 360 speaker and the nokia wireless music receiver - and there should already be some other NFC stuff. I've already seen two types of headphones with nfc. Regarding covers, then it seems they alreay can be bought at amazon...

Bequezox, i'll be attending the same meeting - as a thief! I've seen the n9 before (irl) and played with it for about 30minuttes and now Nokia DK will be teasing while I'm chained to the chair while some gready Elop employee wants the N9 for him self! It's mine I'll tell you. Mine! My precious!

The Following User Says Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????