Notices

Closed Thread
hi Scorpius, is it possible to manually add new emoticons to yappari?
I found icons folder and realized emoticons come in 48x48 and 32x32 folders.
Adding files into this folder (using correct resolution, filename and png format) will work?
thanks

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by enne30 View Post
hi Scorpius, is it possible to manually add new emoticons to yappari?
I found icons folder and realized emoticons come in 48x48 and 32x32 folders.
Adding files into this folder (using correct resolution, filename and png format) will work?
thanks
No, of course that won't work heh.

Those are just images to show you so you as a human can have some meaning from them.

But in reality emoticons are more than that. They are actually Unicode characters and have to be defined as valid emoticons in the code. Even if you define a new one in the code, nobody else will see your emoticon, since it's invalid for the rest of the universe.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Hi Scorpious,
I have been using the app for a few months and really enjoy it. However, just like that, it asked me for registration. I put in the correct number and cc and then i get after 4 seconds or so "SMS Registration Failed" "You can try the voice ..."
I tried the voice but I get a message saying Registration could not be completed. Server response was:bap_param.

HttpRequest(): All headers read. Available: 56
Reply: {"status":"fail","reason":"bad_param","param":"num ber"}

I have the log file if you want it, but its 14MB. i dont think i can attach it so i'll give you a portion of it. Please let me know if that would be okay.

Last edited by Nicho; 2014-04-24 at 06:08.

Originally Posted by Nicho View Post
Hi Scorpious,
I have been using the app for a few months and really enjoy it. However, just like that, it asked me for registration. I put in the correct number and cc and then i get after 4 seconds or so "SMS Registration Failed" "You can try the voice ..."
I tried the voice but I get a message saying Registration could not be completed. Server response was:bap_param.

HttpRequest(): All headers read. Available: 56
Reply: {"status":"fail","reason":"bad_param","param":"num ber"}

I have the log file if you want it, but its 14MB. i dont think i can attach it so i'll give you from Apr 1. please let me know if that would be okay.
You're typing the number wrong. Are you 100% sure you know what's the international format of your local number?

Some people have never ever called their home countries from another country so they don't really know how to type their number in international format.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
You're typing the number wrong. Are you 100% sure you know what's the international format of your local number?

Some people have never ever called their home countries from another country so they don't really know how to type their number in international format.
Thanks for the quick response

1 - Country Code for Trinidad
868 - area code
local phone number - 7 digits

In CC I enter +1
In phone number I enter 868<my_number>

It accepts and then I get the error message ...

okay. Now I'm getting "Server response was: blocked" after the SMS failed and I try to call to get the 3 digit number.

Originally Posted by Nicho View Post
okay. Now I'm getting "Server response was: blocked" after the SMS failed and I try to call to get the 3 digit number.
Looks like WhatsApp Inc. blocked/banned you. Usually those bans are final.

A lot of people is getting banned lately. I wonder what they do to get banned.

EDIT: Were you using the same phone number in two different devices?

Really ... that's not good at all. I now start to use this thing and I get ban. Is it really final? I really hope not. I did nothing. It just stopped working. Yesterday I noticed my messages are not being read but I didn't really consider that it maybe because I was banned. wow.

EDIT: Were you using the same phone number in two different devices?
no one device. N900

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
sending copyrighted media over whatsapp may be a reason of ban. you can always contact whatsapp support via email.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp