Active Topics

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Same here. love this thing. I still feel bad about abandoning my N800 but this phone is great. Everything is so tightly integrated. and this way I only carry one gadget.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Philly USA
I love the n900 also. It is a great device.Coming from android i can say i like maemo better. I have had no issues with my n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to roguespy0 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Working very well here as well. WRT, the in-car FM transmitter situation...I'm not sure if this even makes sense, but it seems like the direction my N900 is facing affects how well the car antenna picks it up. It seems to work especially well when the phone and antenna are parallel (phone sitting on the passenger seat, screen up with charging port pointing towards the front of the car and the car's antenna sticking out of the a-pillar on the driver's side), but that might just be cargo cult thinking on my part. If anyone knows more about radios, could you tell me if that makes sense

mine works great too. it just sucks to hear when i read other people's post that they are having issues about the phone.

one thing i hope that they'll fix later is having the wifi work in offline mode without removing the sim. i miss that feature from my e71

To all the people posting here that there phone works great, *pleeeeeeease* vote in the following polls too, because then it gives the rest of us hope that our soon-to-arrive-hopefully N900s would hopefully work too .. Besides, the voting only takes a few seconds

Lastly, to the original poster of this thread/mods, please put the above links in the first post here, so new people can see the links too ..

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmadka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Houston
Also, I have to say that all the negative threads about the N900 affected my perception of it. When I got it I was terribly afraid that it was broken and actually thought it had some problems. At some point I thought my GPS had problems (which it doesn't, it just takes some time to get a fix since I don't have a data plan, and hence no AGPS). At another time, I thought I had the reboot problem but it turns out I installed something from extras-devel which caused 1 reboot (and only one).
In the first few days I was actually treating this thing as something very fragile, always afraid I might do something that would break it forever. The reality is Maemo is a sturdy piece of software. It can take a lot of abuse. And, mind you, I already knew this from my experience with the N800. That's how much all these threads affected me.
I'm really happy about this device. It's everything I ever wanted in a phone/internet tablet.

I believe that all the threads about gripes with the N900 are not doing a good service to the community. Especially the ones where the problem is just a dissonance between the user's expectations and the intended functionality. There are quite a few posts where people describe problems before actually trying to figure out if it is a bug or something they are missing. The playlists problem comes to mind: playlists are there and work great.

I'm happy someone started this thread, so that new users don't get a biased view of what the device really is.

Last edited by tpaixao; 2009-12-07 at 18:11. Reason: spelling

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tpaixao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Thanks for this thread. Although the N900 has its issues, it gives a good feeling to read at least one thread about its positive things too. Often of course people write only about the problems they might have, and that ... For a casual reader of the forum it might give an impression that it has got nothing but a lot of problems.

I have added the polls to the initial post.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
IM in love with my N900 but apparently I can`t use it in flights overseas as I think it does not have a flight mode or am I wrong?
It has and I used it. The plane didn't crash.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
It has and I used it. The plane didn't crash.
Me too. Soft click the power button and choose 'offline mode'.