Active Topics

Thanks for the application - it works very well. There are a few things I would like to mention though:
  • Key events like "long-play" and "long-menu" do not work (might be due to the nature of widgets on Maemo)
  • It would be nice if lircd could be stopped after the widget is removed (in order to save power)

Anyway, you did a great job! Simple & beautiful

- Dan

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Raemote stopped working now.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by direx View Post
Key events like "long-play" and "long-menu" do not work (might be due to the nature of widgets on Maemo)
Both assumptions are correct. First, the nature of widgets forbids the longpress. This would be easily solved by providing a toggleable "play" button on the widget (makes more sense for ffwd, rew probably) or by using a dialog/window instead of a widget.

I haven't done this yet, as it's actually a limitation / lack of knowledge of the Apple IR protocol. Longpresses are sent by a special "repeat" signal after the real signal for which I don't know the IR code.

The same is true for the "pairing" keys - if I had all the IR codes, you could control any MacBook/Mac Mini/Apple TV even if it's paired with another remote by simply trying all 256 possible keys (and at that point we can easily do the "Mac-B-Gone" thingie, too ).

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Raemote stopped working now.
Did you install qtirreco or something that might have modified /etc/lircd.conf? Please post the contents of /etc/lircd.conf here.

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Both assumptions are correct. First, the nature of widgets forbids the longpress.
OK, thanks for the statement.

What about the lirc daemon? When lircd is running the battery drains pretty quick. Could you somehow put it to sleep (and kill it if the widget is being removed). To me this is an important QA criteria.

- Dan

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Geneva, Switzerland
I think you are missing a dependency or two that the shutter application installed. When I first installed Rĉmote, it installed successfully, but the widget never showed. I couldn't understand what was wrong, and just left it in the end. Then, when I one week ago installed shutter, the rĉmote widget suddenly displayed on one of my screens.

I hope this helps, of course ask any questions if I can help you further

The Following User Says Thank You to eothred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eothred View Post
I think you are missing a dependency or two that the shutter application installed.
Yes, I was missing some dependencies there. Thanks for the report. I'm uploading RaeMote 1.3 (with fixed dependencies) as we speak.

hey, ive installed qtirreco, and irreco-for-n900.
and its messed my phone up !
irreco-for-n900 doesnt work either!
how do I wipe out everything irreco or lirc related from my phone?
EVERYsingle file.
and will that make irreco-for-n900 work on my phone(after reinstallation)?

my irreco-for-n900 keeps crashing.just closes after a second of it being open.
please help.
the backend socket error pops up too.
i know a way around it(http://theunlockr.com/2009/11/22/how...-on-your-n900/) but its not working!
please advise.
i really wanna control my tv and my xbox using my cellphone!
help..

Originally Posted by mangal_sk8erboy View Post
how do I wipe out everything irreco or lirc related from my phone?
As root in X Terminal:

Code:
apt-get remove --purge lirc
You can also re-flash your device to restore it to factory defaults.

hey i never got an apple remote how do i go about using the n900 as the remote?
i cant seem to get it working