Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
While wifi injection with the internal chipset would be nice, my biggest hope is that neopwn has figured out how to hack N900 USB host to work.

Actually my biggest hope is that they've hacked N900 USB host to work, AND they're going to release their hack to the community. It would be a shame if they figured out USB host but only for paying customers of their product.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Seattle - neopwn.com
Originally Posted by qole View Post
.... It would be a shame if they figured out USB host but only for paying customers of their product.
While I'm not in a position to let the cat of the bag in giving details of what we have accomplished just yet, I would like to once again clarify that BackTrack Mobile will be free.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neopwn For This Useful Post:
any release dates yet at all ?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by neopwn View Post
I would like to once again clarify that BackTrack Mobile will be free.
Sorry for my misunderstanding.

I actually don't have any problems with you charging for your product, I just hope that your breakthrough is available to the community at large, in that you provide source code for the kernel / driver hacks...

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ France
Hey guys.

Will neopwn replace the current Maemo system or will it be run in a virtual machine on top of Maemo ?

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by backseatgreg View Post
Hey guys.

Will neopwn replace the current Maemo system or will it be run in a virtual machine on top of Maemo ?
The page before this one has the answer:

Neopwn runs on an optimized FULL custom Debian operating system that boots off of a microSD card with a custom Linux kernel, with a vast support range for module drivers, allowing the network security tester the ability to perform various network penetration auditing tasks that are normally carried out on a notebook or desktop workstation.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

@__@
*____*
cooooooooooooool

release date anyone?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Any news ???

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by OptX View Post
Any news ???
Why not subscribe to this thread (under Thread Tools)? That way you receive an email alert whenever anything is added to the thread and can be just as disappointed as me when the post turns out to be someone asking for an update or someone else asking the person asking for an update to subscribe to the thread.

And breathe.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hellnick For This Useful Post: