Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hello, sorry to take so long, I had so much works to do. As I see from those files, the reason is that somewhy those config files are linked wrong. The paths should be "/opt/pykake/cameras/*" not "/user/MyDocs/pykake/cameras/*". I think some other app has caused these errors and as I look the configure file of my own, I think the reason is Irreco/qtIrreco (because paths to shutters config files are also wrong in those outputs and those should be also in /opt/*). Somewhy it is changing those already existed config paths to wrong ("/opt/*" is changed to "/user/MyDocs/*"). So, the solution for this is (as now at least):

1. Install nano from extras (or extras-testing) or if you know how to use Vi, install it from extras.
  2. go to terminal as a root and type: nano /etc/lircd.conf or use Vi
  3. change those pykakes conf file paths from /user/MyDocs/pykake/* to /opt/pykake/* and save (ctrl+x, y to confirm)
  4. reload the lirc/restart lirc in terminal: /etc/init.d/lircd start or reload
  5. Try pyKake, if not working try after reboot
  6. Tell me, did this work
I hope this will work. I attach a screenshot of my config file (in nano) so you can see how it should look like.

EDIT: Fixed the link of Nano from maemo-tools to extras.
Attached Images

Last edited by Yabba; 2010-09-10 at 19:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by barchan View Post
Good work. Works fine with my canon 350D.

Can you add timelapse function to pyKake? (making N photos every X minutes/seconds).
Look at film gallery made this way.
Hi Barchan, Pls guide me how to make pykake work on my 350D? thanks.

God job! Works on Nikon D5000 (have only tested singel shot and not bulb fkt)

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brazil, São Paulo, Campinas
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
Hello, sorry to take so long, I had so much works to do. As I see from those files, the reason is that somewhy those config files are linked wrong. The paths should be "/opt/pykake/cameras/*" not "/user/MyDocs/pykake/cameras/*". I think some other app has caused these errors and as I look the configure file of my own, I think the reason is Irreco/qtIrreco (because paths to shutters config files are also wrong in those outputs and those should be also in /opt/*). Somewhy it is changing those already existed config paths to wrong ("/opt/*" is changed to "/user/MyDocs/*"). So, the solution for this is (as now at least):

1. Install nano from maemo tools repo or if you know how to use Vi, install it from extras.
  2. go to terminal as a root and type: nano /etc/lircd.conf or use Vi
  3. change those pykakes conf file paths from /user/MyDocs/pykake/* to /opt/pykake/* and save (ctrl+x, y to confirm)
  4. reload the lirc/restart lirc in terminal: /etc/init.d/lircd start or reload
  5. Try pyKake, if not working try after reboot
  6. Tell me, did this work
I hope this will work. I attach a screenshot of my config file (in nano) so you can see how it should look like.

Wow! Thank you so much Yabba!
is now working perfectly!
Yupiiiiii

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Since this is in Extras-Testing I'll just ask the same what I already asked from Shutter-thread. Is it possible to implement the Canon's Wireless Delay technology to the pyKake? If so, how about remote flash as well?

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Since this is in Extras-Testing I'll just ask the same what I already asked from Shutter-thread. Is it possible to implement the Canon's Wireless Delay technology to the pyKake? If so, how about remote flash as well?
Yeah, that looks nice idea, but in current state of pyKake (I try to get time to push it into the level 1.0) I can't promise any early adaptation of remote flash, but maybe we will see it there at some point.

Hey guys, I have an idea. I use a Pentax K-7 and people are always excited when they see the automatic bracketing with 5 images I use for HDR. It seems that not every camera has advanced bracketing and also the K-7 ist limited to 5 images.
So the idea would be, if the light sensor or the camera of N900 could be used for measuring exposure for bracketing via remote control. Then it would be possible to have automatic bracketing with 7 or 9 images that is really nice for HDR. Since there is HDR software is out there for N900, some algortihms may be easily adapted. What do you thing about remote control with HDR function?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fedmahn Kassad For This Useful Post:
I would also like to request support for the Canon EOS 350D please

Originally Posted by Fedmahn Kassad View Post
Hey guys, I have an idea. I use a Pentax K-7 and people are always excited when they see the automatic bracketing with 5 images I use for HDR. It seems that not every camera has advanced bracketing and also the K-7 ist limited to 5 images.
In Olympus (e-420) this is limited in 3 photos.

So the idea would be, if the light sensor or the camera of N900 could be used for measuring exposure for bracketing via remote control. Then it would be possible to have automatic bracketing with 7 or 9 images that is really nice for HDR. Since there is HDR software is out there for N900, some algortihms may be easily adapted. What do you thing about remote control with HDR function?
The main question is, can your camera receive all that information needed to change exposure trough the infra red? I think it can't, so I had to say that that is impossible to do with pyKake, so sorry.

BTW, if you use Raw format while you take those 9 images (and if you can choose that the change of exposure is more than 0,5-1,0 (prefer 2-3) per photo) you in fact could get almost 50 photos to use (raw images stores much more info about light than jpegs, so you can change the value of brightness of photo in +-2 levels whitout problems (so in fact from one photo, you can get 3 to 5 independent photos). Of course, this means that you need a darkroom application, example in Linux: UFRaw, Rawstudio and of course Gimp. In Win/Mac: Is there own app from Pentax (Olympus had Olympus Master and Studio)? And of course The Photoshop. And to create HDR's => Qtpfsgui (there is also newer version of it Luminance, but I heard this older one is better).

Originally Posted by Fumanchu View Post
I would also like to request support for the Canon EOS 350D please
All, I can say is, that I don't know why that won't work. Because quick googling with "Canon EOS 350D"+"RC-1" gives a few pages which told that the remote control is RC-1/5 (the config files in use is for RC-1). So I would suggest to check from the manual that all needed to take remote photos are correct and test it once more. It is also plausible that there is some firmware updates for the camera which may help.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
The main question is, can your camera receive all that information needed to change exposure trough the infra red? I think it can't, so I had to say that that is impossible to do with pyKake, so sorry.
Why need that? I was thinking about setting aperture and using the bulb mode. In bulb pykake can control the exposure time for every image in the bracketing. So just input aperture and iso in pyKake and some algorithm will find out the exposure times and then using buld for every shot. pyKake would use the N900 light sensor for calculating the exposure time. There is already a light meter there for N900:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/luxus/