but ... there is the problem
i press uninstall ... i need to press restrart browser ... and nothing happens

Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
thanks for the answer ... but ... it's not that simple .. it seems
have you installed this adblock 1.1.1?

first ... in the english version i have options and add-ons
but ... there is the problem
i press uninstall ... i need to press restrart browser ... and nothing happens
i've reinstalled adblock from application manager ... it works ... but still .. if i go to add-ons ... the button restart browser to complete ...is there ... and nothing happens if i click it!

only way fix things was to delete all extensions in .mozila/microb/extensions/ ...
installed again adblock plus 1.0.2 from application manager ... works fine, thank you .... even though you cannot play with lists and preferences

Does adblock play well with the latest firmware update (1.1)? How is the performance using adblock? Are webpages slower to load or are there issues of some webpages not being displayed correctly?

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Adblock seems to work fine with the pr 1.1. I'm using adb 1.1.1 adding easylist and easyprivacy. I have notice that the browser will stall if I open too many windows or too many complex site (ie NYT, engadget. This might also have to do with all the javascript and flash content on those page. When it stall and you end task you will loose all of your windows.. wish it had that open all windows from last session feature.

x

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Yeh. It worked for me also by blocking stuff as it should, but on the other hand page loading and rendering were little slower. Hosts blocking feels bit snappier for me.
I recall doing host blocking on my PC. Is adblock significantly slower? Performance hit and some issues with installation/uninstallation apparently are what worry me regarding adblock. Host blocking on the other hand isn't simply web browser blocking so that would seem like a better option other than having to manually update it frequently.

I installed it fine yesterday but was having that no filter loading problem, so did the uninstall everything and go back to 1.1.1 or w/e it was, now i cant install any version of adblock or other addons for that matter i can install them via going to that firefox utility where you just go to install addons and check them etc, but if i go into actual firefox and settings> addons, they are not loading there for some reason. I had adblock in there yesterday but it wont add back to it, tryed a few resets and still not there. dont know whats up with it and cant seem to find a reason for it either, did the reset of microb etc but somethings a miss :S

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
one other thing ... adblock is still 1.0.2 in add-ons list !
yeah, why is this thing still on the main extras repo?? its obviously broken. Ive never had any luck with the repo one.

The Following User Says Thank You to pagesix1536 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
yeah, why is this thing still on the main extras repo?? its obviously broken. Ive never had any luck with the repo one.
Maybe this discussion is interesting for you:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36716

I'll don't care any longer for Adblock Plus in extras because "it works for a majority in the communicty". Maybe you also only don't have luck.

Me on twitter

only way fix things was to delete all extensions in .mozila/microb/extensions/ ...
installed again adblock plus 1.0.2 from application manager ... works fine, thank you .... even though you cannot play with lists and preferences
I'm having the same problem... Where did you find ".mozila/microb/extensions/"?

Tags
adblock plus, add-on, browser add-on, browsing, enhancement, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser, plug-in