Originally Posted by MastaG View Post
I hope they'll publish what they've done to reverse engineer the 3g/phone controller.
I hope to see a meego with 3g/phone too in the future or maybe a nice phone app for my Fedora 12 partition
It's a pain in the *** that if you dual boot in something else than maemo the phone wont work:P
I'm not sure, but I think their work is based on the ofono work that is being done for the N900 version of Meego.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Wow amazing. I`m sure one day we will have android running like that n900 was a milestone.

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
omg! actually cant wait for nitdroid to be ready, since I failed at installing it manually and installing it with the auto installer resulted in a reflash

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
wow this is great! eagerly waiting for this.

noob question though, please be gentle. if this is released as a stable and fully functioning program, is it possible to completely remove maemo and just run solely on nitdroid?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by riceboy View Post
wow this is great! eagerly waiting for this.

noob question though, please be gentle. if this is released as a stable and fully functioning program, is it possible to completely remove maemo and just run solely on nitdroid?
Maybe with some creative partitioning you could still dual-boot both from the eMMC and not use microSD at all?

these guys from nitdroid rocks!

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
yes great job guys. hope we can get teh phone/gps capability soon.

To people who find it slow, i'm using nitdroid @ 1Ghz, on class 2 card and it's quite responsive. Have ordered class 6 8gb card and will install and see how that performs.

Also Maemo is o/cd 1.1ghz/250mhz.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Slovakia
I have instaled today via auto install script.
Android UI is slow and unresponsive (took me few minutes of touching the droid in initial wizard to switch to step 2). Previous versions was much faster on same device / memory card. (but on fat partition instead of ext3. ext3 is imho slower than fat, ext4 would be fine )
Graphics effects itselfs are verry smooth. I don't know what causes the freezes and crashes of apps.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by Deafboy View Post
I have instaled today via auto install script.
Android UI is slow and unresponsive (took me few minutes of touching the droid in initial wizard to switch to step 2). Previous versions was much faster on same device / memory card. (but on fat partition instead of ext3. ext3 is imho slower than fat, ext4 would be fine )
Graphics effects itselfs are verry smooth. I don't know what causes the freezes and crashes of apps.
As mentioned countless times you need to have a speedy MicroSDcard either class 6 or class 10 or like me have it overclocked to 1 ghz as i m using class 2 only. Waiting for class 6 card to arrive via ebay.

Originally Posted by peynaud View Post
Many people say that the N900 has reached it's end of life early.

With Android and possibly Meego the N900 can't have a brighter future then it obviously have.
Mmm. I don't think you've quite grasped the nuances of what many people say:

- Maemo is a dying platform, and
- this means fewer software updates than initially expected, and
- Nokias N900 support cycle and focus seems to be non-existing.

People are feeling that Nokia forgot about the N900 and gave up on Maemo before it reached maturity.

As such, the NiTDroid project only underlines the truth of this. If Maemo was healthy, people wouldn't be rooting for OS replacement like NiTDroid. Instead there'd be a focus on combining a running Maemo with EasyDroid or Maelvik: An android emulation layer.

NiTDroid is exciting as an alternative and once it's is deemed complete enough, maybe a virtualization solution pops up too. But if NiTDroid is the future for the N900 users, then Nokia and it's users are parting ways on unhappy terms.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post: