Active Topics

The beta chrashed within 5 minutes (so I know it is beta....)

I am very happy with the (simple) alarm setting (can be found under program clock). Hopefully the PIM-developers can use now decent alarm functions for there application....I am waiting....

Originally Posted by bcvthul
I am very happy with the (simple) alarm setting (can be found under program clock).

Okay. Now you've sparked my interest. Could someone with the new firmware (I won't be home for a couple more days) describe how the new alarm works? Does it work if the device is in standby, and in the case, or what? Thanks for the reply.
If anybody's had a chance to look at Maemo 2.0 for devs, are there any refs to an alarm in the included docs? I really have to check this out when I'm at a place where I can get access to it.
This could make the 770 a much better PDA. (It's already a great internet tablet.)

mancy- You can use the same windows updater to update the 2006 OS, just download it from nokia website or something and follow the onscreen instruction, when you pick the OS image, just pick the new one you've just download.

[QUOTE=djmspringcreek]
Originally Posted by bcvthul
Okay. Now you've sparked my interest. Could someone with the new firmware (I won't be home for a couple more days) describe how the new alarm works? Does it work if the device is in standby, and in the case, or what? Thanks for the reply.
If anybody's had a chance to look at Maemo 2.0 for devs, are there any refs to an alarm in the included docs? I really have to check this out when I'm at a place where I can get access to it.
This could make the 770 a much better PDA. (It's already a great internet tablet.)
The alarm works even with the cover on (covered).

I find this build slower for a lot of functions than the old one, and also highly unstable (3rd reboot now). Of course this is completely understandable since it's beta. The new features are very impressive I will add. I love the google integration.

Originally Posted by NokNok770
The alarm works even with the cover on (covered).
Awesome. Quick, someone port GPE-Calendar to use this before I get impatient and decide to write my own, inferior calendar program!

I got the windows flasher to work
http://nds2.nokia.com/files/support/...ate_wizard.exe

thanks for MikeJulie / NokNok770
for testing windows flasher
i still downloading

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
I still can't get the thumb keyboard. Anyone?

My impression is that its worth the update even though beta

FBReader is already available instructions here

The large keyboard works well within the Note taking application (Recognition never worked well for me)..somewhat Blackberry like

Virtual Memory is a lot easy to setup