Originally Posted by bingbings View Post
Just wanna say that overall it's not so great as you expected - the Celtics kick Magic's *** and the Steelers didn't make it against the Packers......so it'll make 1 out of 3 (I assume that one day Nokia will make some WM phones and probably with some impact on the US market...)
I never called that a prediction, I WANTED those teams to win in sports I always take the underdogs, both were rated as suck. Words of a fan not analyst mode, I don't gamble on sports I like watching them. I can tell when a team will lose because I get a nagging feeling in my head and mild sickness in my stomach when I think about the game. I went crazy watching the bears (my real team) and packers hard rooting for your team when you knew 2 weeks before the game they would lose, I support them none the less. I knew the steelers would lose but wanted to be wrong because if they had won the game I could convince myself that the bears losing to our greatest rival team didn't matter that much, it's little solace but makes it sting a little less. And orlando, that was just me rooting for Dwight Howard I want him to get his ring(doesn't mean it'll ever happen)

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Ok, in one of those posts you claimed Nokia's market share will drop to 18-22%, there's your first fail, Nokia's smartphone share has dropped, but to 31%,
"Drop to around 18-22%" 9% on something absolutely unpresented
which many believed would never ever happen is pretty damn good. Also you assume that they won't lose more share since the announcement was made ? How long will it be for a product to get to market ? I'll add you to my list of "I old you so's".

somewhat higher than you predicted, and no doubt their total market share including all phones will be somewhat higher than that.
The conversation was about smartphones.....you must be one of the people who I upset. Maybe ?? Let me know.

Your second fail is that you have come in early claiming your prediction about Nokia adopting Win Phone 7 is right, that (at the moment) is nothing but a rumour, perhaps it will be confirmed in the next week, but it hasn't yet. If in a weeks time you have been proven correct, then you can come back and gloat, but as it stands you haven't been yet.
I'm right get over it, given the overwhelming force Andriod has been they picked win7. The exits are at the back, please leave in a orderly fashion and thanks for coming.

You may be right about the analyst thing though, you do seem to be good at making sh*t up and spinning facts to match your predictions.
uhm sorry, here's one for you since you love them so much, Nintendo over the course of the next 4-5 years will enter a strong state of decline and only one thing can save them from it.

I'll put up a paypal donation a bit later thank you, thank you all.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I guess you predicted a lot of things
like what ?

And thanks again for the congrats

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
I think you're a bit hasty to rub it in, unless your prediction was that media is going to speculate on Nokia adopting WP7 which really earns no bragging rights.

On a related note, I'm constantly baffled as to how people take anything written online as a fact. "Engadget wrote about it, it must be true." Maybe I should recap what has happened this far. All these hundreds of articles are based on one sentence in Nokia's Q4 earnings conference call by Elop where he said that as part of their strategy they must "build, catalyze and/or join" ecosystems (note, he didn't say OS, but ecosystem). It was later fueled by an open letter where one analyst hoped Nokia and MS would partner on WP7.

Not once have I heard of any actual insider sources suggesting this would happen. In addition, 99 % of the articles written about this don't bother mention the obvious negatives for Nokia for doing this.

no longer speculation my friend, apparently I'm privy to info you don't have. Come on touch it....come on, stroke it...stroke my ego. Their ya go good job.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
@OP just had to add that your signature is one of the most ignorant and asinine things I have seen in this forum. Oh, and coming here to gloat about a prediction you made last year (which as many people have pointed out has not even been proven true) makes you a total douche.

So if that's the attention you were looking for, congratulations!

Edit: Just to rub it in, how about them Steelers?
That hurt cause I wasn't rooting for then exactly but hoping roethlisberger could pull out a win against my greatest rival team of the Bears who the packers defeated. I honest to god knew the packers would win, but I fought against it because they are my rivals.

oh well sports is different then the tech world where I am king.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

So, you guys think N9 is a worthy successor to the n900 ?
Or will you get behind the seaspray, search or what ever the Nokia winphone collaboration produces ?

"uhm sorry, here's one for you since you love them so much, Nintendo over the course of the next 4-5 years will enter a strong state of decline and only one thing can save them from it."

yep already started.

typed from my WebOS tablet I got a ton of them cause I called that too.
chaching.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Originally Posted by Slick View Post
uhm sorry, here's one for you since you love them so much, Nintendo over the course of the next 4-5 years will enter a strong state of decline and only one thing can save them from it.

I'll put up a paypal donation a bit later thank you, thank you all.
I really need to stop being so lazy and put that paypal donation up

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/27/ed...any-came-to-m/

Damn it I'm good!!

Maemo rocks!!! R.i.p.

R.I.P. Maemo 5
11/16/2009 - 06/04/2010

Tags
biggest dork, biggest loser, c u next tues, i hate you, kingfish, rub my dick, slick=thick, trolololololo, wayne ker