Originally Posted by qspb View Post
There's only [HT20] support, according to iw's output. My aim was to reach maximum transfer rate, and I've managed to reach ~3MB/s. Surprisingly, I haven't managed to reproduce "screen bug" on my phone. And as for the driver - I think there is no need in recompiling driver, because there's no hardware support of [HT40+].
The TI WL1273 chip (supposedly used in the N9) supports a maximum bitrate of 65 Mb/s according to these specs pages: (1) http://www.ti.com/product/wl1273-tiwi5 (2) http://www.lsr.com/wireless-products/tiwi5

My N9 is able to connect at 65 Mb/s on the 2.4GHz band, but it is useless on the 5GHz band. On 5GHz, the connection drops and re-connects every 2 seconds. Can anybody tell me why that is?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Could be that the AP you're connecting to is sh1t, could be a raft of factors...
Plenty of folks connect to 5Ghz without issue, even in this very thread....
Remember that although 5ghz has better throughput, it also has much less range (esp. the older forms) than 2.4Ghz.
So make sure you're not expecting better performance than 2.4Ghz at 2.4Ghz range.
Oh & of course confirm that the AP is dual-band, & ideally simultaneous dual-band (i.e dual radio).

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-05-02 at 02:35.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Costa RIca
Thread is kind of old, but i just found something weird that happens on my workplace's network.

Wifi is configured as G, using a Symbol Wireless Switch with many Acces Ports

When in connect my N9 to this network performance is awful, i can't even open a decent ssh session to the phone.

Pinging to the N9 from my Linux workstation gives a lot of lost packets and response times from 1200ms to 8000ms.

But... if i start a scp transfer from my PC to the N9, voila!, as soon as the transfer begins the connection becomes fully responsive and the ping times go around 50ms.

At first i thought i had to do with the N9's cpu going into idle mode because of the low load of the sshd daemon, so i got some apps running in background, but it seems like that made no difference.

dmesg doesn't give me anything weird, no errors or warnings.

On the other hand, my N900 works like a charm with my work's wifi. hahaha.