>>then the only excuse a 'normal' user has for saying that it requires too much work/ is not user friendly i can think of is that they're lazy or they just don't care about extra functionality.<<

All things are relative. Some people like to hack, some don't. I like it, but not too much. BTW I am probably the only person in my work place (a university division with hundreds of staff) that tries to use a N900 (I also have N770, N800, N810, TC1100, Q1UP, HP200, Psion3, etc). If I am lazy, I guess all those non-N900 people in the world are even lazier. Try tell it to the users who made Apple such a commercial success that your (and my) Nokia can only envy.

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
One of my concerns about Meego is the DRM "security" layer built into the platform.

It really depends how far they are willing to lock-down the handset (at the request of mobile operators).
DRM support is essential if nokia wants to have movie/tv streaming to the handset.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ch88xy View Post
>>It's those kinds of things that make the ones "in the know" really understand it.<<

That's fine, but not everybody is in the know or wants to be in the know about everything under the sun. Many of us have non-computer-related day jobs, and other interests beside computing. We just want something that works (I don't want closed stuff from Apple though) or requires minimal tweaking. Why can't Nokia offer a simple copy-paste solution? Do you think consumers would embrace this device that only computer geeks can love? (Judging from the fact that they had to dump the remaining N900, I guess not.)
I use copy and paste constantly and I think the N900 method is quite easy. It took me awhile to find out how it works, but by now it's comfortable.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: