Notices

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
I think this music fits the thread very well.

http://open.spotify.com/track/4LImxALa8U75krzUvW84pN

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Hasta la vista, baby. But really real ranters use more subliminal insults. You follow brittish politics don't you. And communities are always flawed. Here I've got proof:

The Following User Says Thank You to daddeddad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by flailingmonkey View Post
Community Council has failed to get results from Nokia, and act as Nokia apologists instead of creating solutions
(my own note:like breaking SSU to get between-PR open source component updates, in a reversible way)
Sorry, I can't parse your note, something to do with fremantle1.2, libqt4-maemo5-... or something else?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
As much as I disagree with the wording of qwerty12's rant, I am inclined to agree with most of its content. Too bad most people commenting to this thread seem to be unable to see the actual facts behind his words.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Don't you mean lcuk? I hadn't made any comments...
Ah, indeed. I made that post far too late at night.

Originally Posted by fms View Post
As much as I disagree with the wording of qwerty12's rant, I am inclined to agree with most of its content. Too bad most people commenting to this thread seem to be unable to see the actual facts behind his words.
I'm sure that many people get his point, and do agree. The problem is he laced it with so much vulgarity and personal attacks that the meat of the message is completely lost in his hateful tirade and bridge burning, and it detracts from his point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by flailingmonkey View Post
[*]Many people getting their packages from extras-devel, because Maemo Extras QA rules are broken, and the new-ish "super testers" have not fixed the problem. Point of Ovi repository requirements being easier to satisfy than Extras
Except for talk talk talk since October 2009, I haven't seen any real improvements in this situation yet. I understand that people want to circumvent extras-testing QA.
It's just frustrating and was the main reason I switched my software versioning scheme to be date based, so that all people can see what old stuff will eventually trickle from extras-testing into extras.

EDIT: Btw, is https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6187 fixed already? The bug report shows no progress and is still in status NEW after 9 months.

Last edited by pycage; 2010-08-04 at 17:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Well this sucks

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Sad sad day indeed . Its kinda like the day superman died and 9/11 all rolled into one. I enjoyed his work and posts on this forum. Hope you enjoy where you land my man. C'est La Vie

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I disagree with the wording and personal attacks but I can feel his frustration. He's been a part of this community about as long as I have and since the N900 has come around it has truly gone to hell. The tone he takes in his note is the same tone I see in every third trolling thread. This forum was never intended to be a Nokia support forum and a lot of people treat it that way. They would be better off complainting on Nokia's own forums.

I can't imagine how frustrated he must have felt after investing so much time and emotional energy into a platform and continuously bumping his head against proprietary bits of code that he needs to make the device work better. I think he is as great a loss as losing a major Nokia blog. Nokia seriously need to take better care of talented community members like him or I fear similar or worse things would happen in future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Nokia is screwed. In between other companies scooping up talented developers, developers getting ****** off at the state of the forum/community, and getting ****** off at Nokia for their usual behavior towards Maemo.

And that's only the developers. There's the long term maemo users (read: before the N900) who are fed up with the same things (I'm one of them). Seems like Nokia's goal is to start Meego with 0 of the people from the maemo platform. Or maybe that was their goal all along.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
childish, fa[n]bo[j]s, icanhazapp?, ranting, reality, ridiculous, strong language, teen_angst, warning