Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I cannot type echo 0 greater than symbol because there is no such symbol on the keyboard. I cannot do it with the virtual keyboard because tapping in xterminal does not bring up vkbrd and no I did not have the keyboard open when I tried it and no I didn't have the little "mouse disabled button" active and yes I tried opening and closing x terminal and trying it again.
ctrl c and ctrl v did not work either. Seems like xterminal won't accept ctrl v.

Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I cannot type echo 0 greater than symbol because there is no such symbol on the keyboard. I cannot do it with the virtual keyboard because tapping in xterminal does not bring up vkbrd and no I did not have the keyboard open when I tried it and no I didn't have the little "mouse disabled button" active and yes I tried opening and closing x terminal and trying it again.
ctrl c and ctrl v did not work either. Seems like xterminal won't accept ctrl v.
Try pushing the blue arrow then the blue sym (keys far upper/mid left)

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
had 2 reboots yesterday-- reson 32w thing.. 4 since i did the perm fix..

its annoying , its been over 2 weeks but still its npot good .. NOKIA SORT IT OUT ..

anyone else still getting them?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
So I got my third phone now a few days ago and this one hasn't rebooted once!

This is indeed the best phone/computer ever :P

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I got 2 random reboots yesterday and 1 random reboot today, but the issue wasn't "32wd_to" it was " sw_rts". Should I be worried or not?

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Damn, I hope this next FW update fixes it. My warranty is from the US and I live in Canada. I am not sure how I am going to get this replaced.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Just got my replacement phone in, my last phone would never come out of reboot state, unless I was in R&D mode, but once I exited that, it would start the boot cycle again. I was wondering to avoid this issue altogether should I use the permanent fix mentioned on this thread? I haven't even powered it on yet. Week 51 model though, so it's pretty new.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i would see if it reboots or not first zach..

if you get then have you tried powering your n900 through the usb cable to your laptop- this should stop your device rebooting then you can apply the perm fix

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
i would see if it reboots or not first zach..

if you get then have you tried powering your n900 through the usb cable to your laptop- this should stop your device rebooting then you can apply the perm fix
So far so good, just imported contacts, merged them etc. Setup the Desktops, so far so good...my other phone was good for 2 and a 1/2 weeks before I got the reboot issue. Im just hoping since its a newer one off the line, hopefully some of the issues have been corrected in the mfg process.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by bsving View Post
Try pushing the blue arrow then the blue sym (keys far upper/mid left)
Ok I will try it but I don't see how that will free up virtual keyboard? Do I then close the keyboard and try tapping in x terminal again?

Anyways i think the reboot from 32wd_to issue is causing my vkeyboard to no longer work unless I turn it off and then back on.

Can someone tell all of us:
What should xterminal show after typing in
sudo gainroot
and also
what should xterminal show (I'm getting no feedback from xterminal on this second one) when i type in
echo 0 > /sys/power/enable_off_mode
and am I putting any uneccessary spaces in there?
When I type that in it just eats it without any feedback. I don't know if I have temp disabled watchdog.