Active Topics

hello,

I am able to connect my xp adhoc network and n900. But I am not able to access internet ... even the o/p of route command on my n900 hangs and shows only one entry

Nokia-N900:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
192.168.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0
^C
Nokia-N900:~#

As you can see ... i have to press ctrl-c to exit from the o/p ... can someone help me.

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by littlefighter17 View Post
sorry for bumping this thread up again but ...ive checked all the other threads related to this problem ...NONE of them solve the problem.. the thread dies off before the problem is solved ..ne help?? im using VISTA BTW i know how to create the Adhoc connections on my PC ..but i have the same problem as chintantia ...i can connect to the PC just fine but i cant get my N900 browser to open websites ..are there some i.p addresses that i have to add to the PC and N900 ?? coz all my connection 'properties' both PC and n900 are set to "obtain ip address automatically" coz i saw somewhere that u have to enter certain i.p address, DNS, sub-mask etc...

p.s ..could some please give a detailed step-by-step way of getting around this problem ??
could be a dns issue. can you resolve www.google.com on the N900 after connecting to the ad-hoc?

hye guys, is it possible if i use a laptop that is connected with internet with proxy to connect it wireless for my n900. is there any proxy settings for n900. thanks in advance

I manage to access my VPN internet connection by establishing an ad-hoc connection between my laptop and N900 and enabling ICS on the wireless adaptor. Everthing works great and all apps use the connection without any issues.