Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by dan View Post
Detlev,

Thanks for the tips. I successfully added 'Y' and 'N' to x-terminal shortcuts. Unfortunately neither of your methods work. Have learned a loy though. lol, Dan
Hey Dan,

After you edit the file, you can use your stylus to press the CTRL-O on the bottom of the nano screen, which will also bring up the keyboard that will allow you to press the Y key to save. Hope this helps

B

bdogg64,

I tried that with dblank's suggestion. It just doesn't work. I will have to wait for your update. When you do the update can you add the yellow/white cone icon to the extras menu.

Thanks, Dan

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I want VLC to stream the camera output. As Serge has commented, mplayer does a good job with video playback on the IT, but VLC is the best program for making your system into a video streaming server.

The peekaboo project were using VLC to stream the camera. It worked really well. I was able to run the command below and it would stream video from the camera to the Internet. However, they only compiled VLC for OS2007.

This version of VLC doesn't seem to work to stream video out using the command that Peekaboo used.

Here's the command that Peekaboo was using to stream out video through VLC (modified slightly to hard code the parameters and let me see the errors):

vlc -Idummy v4l:/dev/video0:size=qcif --no-sout-audio --sout "#transcode{vcodec=WMV2, fps=12, vb=192}:duplicate{dst=dst, dst=std{access=http, mux=asf, url=0.0.0.0:8888}}"

VLC returns the following errors:
[00000273] main private error: no sout stream module matched "dst"
[00000265] main input error: no suitable access module for 'v4l:/dev/video0:size=qcif'
[00000250] main playlist: nothing to play

Anyone have any ideas?

PS: The VLC script that Peekaboo uses in OS2007 has the following line, which causes an error in OS2008. As far as I can tell from Googling, OS2007 used this library to access the network, while OS2008 doesn't need this library. However, this might be important for the discussion at hand.

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libosso-ic-preload.so

EDIT: I inserted spaces after the commas in my command above, because if I didn't, ITT would randomly insert spaces elsewhere. When testing the command line, remove the spaces after the commas.

Last edited by qole; 2008-01-03 at 20:04.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I want VLC to stream the camera output. As Serge has commented, mplayer does a good job with video playback on the IT, but VLC is the best program for making your system into a video streaming server.

I have also tested this with every codec there is listed and it still will not work .

1st it looks like it will not see the camera

2nd i also tested streaming just a video file . It will stream a video but audio only . No video. no matter what codec you use. you can test this by turning on the web interface of vlc player . then play around in .

It looks like maybe vlc is missing the full list of codecs in the confi file.

But as for the camera it's always the same errors .

If you like to stream video from os 2008 the only program i found to work is motion/with https server .

for motion to work on 2008 it seems like you have to shut off SIP accounts .. And also it seems like it will onle start the camera from a fresh reboot . but it works good. you can even view in IE if you use java app to view it embeded on a webpage. http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=motion+http
you can check it out there.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
New deb soon!

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Saint-Avertin / France
Hi everyone,

I have a little private web server running with a vod service based on vlc.

I use the "application/x-vlc-plugin" in a php page to view and control my videos.

So naturally I tried to use it on my N810 but has expected it does not works because the VLC plug-in is not implemented.

With all the informations of this thread I was able to compile VLC with the "--enable-mozilla" option on my scrachbox.

I downloaded the latest gecko source and give the path to gecko sdk folder with "--with-mozilla-sdk-path".

I only import the compiled libvlcplugin.so file to the right folder on my N810 and the aboutlugin page show that :

As you can see the plug-in seems to be supported by microB, but when I try to use it I have only a blank screen as without the plug-in.

As I only import the plug-in and don't install the whole compiled VLC so I assume there are some missing libraries or maybe the gecko sources are not usable as microB has some implementations.

Not being an expert of vlc and for the making of debian packages I did not push further my investigations.

Would it be possible to have a deb pakage compiled with this extension ?

LoKiDoR

Last edited by lokidor; 2008-01-06 at 20:13.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
Which GUI module is it shown in the screenshot? Is it available on standard VLC, or is this an additional GUI module that you are using? (And which configuration option should be enabled to get this for my VLC build?)

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Saint-Avertin / France
Hello,

The plugin for mozilla browser is available if vlc is compiled with the --enable-mozilla option.

That is not the case in the vlc deb package for OS2008, so I tried to compile vlc with the good option.

Since my previous post, I succeed to build my own deb package with the plugin and installed it in order to prevent the broken libraries.

It seems that microB has some specific implementations because my plugin is unusable.

You can see it on the plug-in list but that's all.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm going to ask again for a VLC build for OS 2008 with working camera support & video streaming. The Peekaboo project had it working in OS 2007, so I can't imagine it is that difficult. But I might be wrong.

Please, someone, try building the "vlc_3rdpartylibs" from the Peekaboo project download page

EDIT: 'free' built the "vlc_3rdpartylibs" for me, and, sadly, they don't include the VLC binaries. I guess you have to rebuild the whole project.

Last edited by qole; 2008-01-21 at 20:16.

VLC for Maemo is dead in the water again, isn't it?