Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
So to make it short - I was waiting for the device to do some final touches and already expected to have it. Look like it can still take long so I guess I can build Maemo5 deb and put it somewhere even without doing proper testing with real device.
I don't see any reason for not to push it to extras-testing (or at least extras-devel) even if you haven't tested it in device by yourself. This way you can get more early feedback.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I don't see any reason for not to push it to extras-testing (or at least extras-devel) even if you haven't tested it in device by yourself. This way you can get more early feedback.
Sound like a good idea in theory, but I'm not sure how this would work in reality. I fear of a lot of wasted time on both sides when going this way. But anyway, if you think so, I can put it to extras-devel/testing and see what happens :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Sound like a good idea in theory, but I'm not sure how this would work in reality. I fear of a lot of wasted time on both sides when going this way. But anyway, if you think so, I can put it to extras-devel/testing and see what happens :-)
If it doesn't work it's found out real soon. But if it works, bugs can be found earlier and the final version is ready earlier

I'm all for extras-testing, after all that's why it's there.

edit: I hope that it's optified

I can do the smoke test after you've uploaded it to extras-devel. After that it's good to go to extras-testing

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by Kjow View Post
Hi! I installed it on N900, but to do this I used "dkpg -i" from terminal. Maybe this is the biggest problem for common users. I think N900 doesn't accept .deb as native "installer"...

However ScummVM runs very well, full speed (monkey Island 3, full throttle), right speech, perfect mouse emulation... only things I see that misses are some keys, such as "ESC" (it can be emulated by "backspace" [ <- ]), "." to skip dialogues and possibilities to remap arrows (in non-english keyboard layout there are "up" and "down" in 2° function).

A virtual keyboard would be very appreciated (ctrl+k ? ) to insert some text with real qwerty closed or without some special keys.
Monkey Island 3 ran with good sound but slightly low frame-rate on my Xperia X1. So it makes sense it would work perfectly on N900, even as it stands now which is presumably unoptimised. Oddly it ran worse on my iPod Touch 2G which should be identical specs, not to mention its completely unusable on a small capacitive screen with no keyboard.

I had a lot of problems with the 3" screen size though and keyboard mapping, I found it too awkward to use. Will be interesting to see if the N900 is any better for that.

I really want to play the original Sam & Max though, after completing the new ones on Xbox 360. It just looks aweful on a modern monitor so the small screen would actually help reduce the nastiness of the low resolution.

Originally Posted by Kjow View Post
"." to skip dialogues
Hi! I was in wrong!

'.' works well! I don't know why never worked before (maybe fn locked).

I'm uploading 2 video on youtube... wow

Last edited by Kjow; 2009-12-02 at 21:21.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
Monkey Island 3 ran with good sound but slightly low frame-rate on my Xperia X1. So it makes sense it would work perfectly on N900, even as it stands now which is presumably unoptimised. Oddly it ran worse on my iPod Touch 2G which should be identical specs, not to mention its completely unusable on a small capacitive screen with no keyboard.

I had a lot of problems with the 3" screen size though and keyboard mapping, I found it too awkward to use. Will be interesting to see if the N900 is any better for that.

I really want to play the original Sam & Max though, after completing the new ones on Xbox 360. It just looks aweful on a modern monitor so the small screen would actually help reduce the nastiness of the low resolution.
Hi!
ScummVM on N900 is amazing! Look at these videos I recorded some minutes ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUcij6kFz0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9NbpXakLw0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kjow For This Useful Post:
I can do the smoke test after you've uploaded it to extras-devel. After that it's good to go to extras-testing
OK, thanks. Few questions first for finalizing basic key bindings:
Do the zoom/volume keys work fine or they are eaten by system? In scummvm on N810/N900 zoom- should be right click, zoom+ should be menu in most games. Is the camera button eaten too or available? I guess it should produce F9 or F10. Does the Enter key produce Return or KP_Enter? It is KP_Enter on N810. Apart from those F keys (zoom, camera) I guess shift+enter and shift+backspace or shift left/right arrows could be mapped to something (escape, menu).

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

OK, thanks. Few questions first for finalizing basic key bindings:
Do the zoom/volume keys work fine or they are eaten by system? In scummvm on N810/N900 zoom- should be right click, zoom+ should be menu in most games. Is the camera button eaten too or available? I guess it should produce F9 or F10. Does the Enter key produce Return or KP_Enter? It is KP_Enter on N810. Apart from those F keys (zoom, camera) I guess shift+enter and shift+backspace or shift left/right arrows could be mapped to something (escape, menu).
Volume buttons are eaten by the system (they control volume) unless something is done (I don't know what). I guess that camera button is the same case, but I haven't checked. Enter is KP_ENTER. I think that backspace is the most logical key for escape.

I think that backspace is the most logical key for escape.
Except that deleting text in text entries (mostly saved games) would produce unexpected results.