Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
woot

installing right away!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Seems like I've broken the scrolling a little But since its 3 in the morning here, it'll have to wait for tomorrow.

that osk keyboard could still use some love. but so far im loving it!

btw, did you "fix" the rounded corner issue, or did someone update the forum theme?

and the fixed history will make it dead simple for me to continue my user friendy archive read

seems your "esc to mark" may have broken the same buttons ability to go back in history...

Last edited by tso; 2009-02-04 at 01:45.

I fixed it with user styles Didn't want to patch WebKit for that

Yes, forgot about that, I'll see how I can fix it.

Redownload - the same revision updated.

Escape now works as intended. The select key is Menu. Short click brings the menu, hold and drag to select.

Fixed the scrolling, still needs some love on release after a hold.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Guatemala
Bundyo, just read from the itT homepage this thread so I decide to boot Maemo and try it, all I can say is that it's speed is impressive!

I started NITdroid in the quest for a usable browser as I realized MicroB was ugly, unusable and obsolete, Fennec is ok but too slow, Android browser is usable for me daily but not the speed I would like.

Tear is excellent as it is extremely fast but it is missing tabs, I mean, some way to switch very fast between tabs (not windows), in NITdroid you press Menu-T and you get this.

If you implement this I'm pretty sure it will rival all browsers and maybe then I could switch to Maemo again just for the need of a good browser.

Well done and thx for working on fixing the most important reason for a Tablet!!

The Following User Says Thank You to solca For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I fixed it with user styles Didn't want to patch WebKit for that
smart thinking, the forum became much faster!

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Is there an installable version for chinook for the latest revision? The libwebkit package complains about libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.12.12-1osso10) and libidn11 (>= 0.5.18) as someone mentioned earlier.

You have to install libidn11, the other dependency can be forced until i find a way to remove it.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
You have to install libidn11, the other dependency can be forced until i find a way to remove it.
Strange, I tried installing it from the extras repository, but it tells me that it is incompatible. I had to download it manually beause it wasn't showing in the package manager.

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www