Active Topics

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
From the comments of the video:

noBounds is installable SW or Firmware on N8x0, and Firmware SW on some recent Display devices.
Alternatively this functionality could be implemented in a small HW dongle to connect traditional interfaces of not upgradeable display devices.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
What is the contraption he wears around his head which projects on his eye glasses??

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ South Bend, Indiana
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
From the comments of the video:

noBounds is installable SW or Firmware on N8x0, and Firmware SW on some recent Display devices.
Alternatively this functionality could be implemented in a small HW dongle to connect traditional interfaces of not upgradeable display devices.
hopefully the dongle will be made widely available- None of my TVs or Monitors are equipped with WiFi

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
What is the contraption he wears around his head which projects on his eye glasses??
It's a small screen HD display. The glasses were only worn to show the reflection of the image.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, so now we can get full screen video content thanks to 3D accelerated rendering of the movies? or is the bandwidth issue still going to put a wrench in the machinery?
That was going to be my next gripe on this thing. We can't play video at a decent resolution on the built-in screen, but apparently full HD 30 fps is no problem once we connect it to an external monitor?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???!!

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
The thing is that it can be done with wifi and that too with such a low power consumption really is a wow factor.
I found this very interesting and so did many others.
But why would karel be so special if he went along with the crowd??
1. What's the big deal with WiFi? You're still going to sit in front of that screen, with your Itablet on the table in front of you. I call overkill.

2. Exactly how low is the power consumption? Without figures, everyone can claim amazingly low power and later say that they're just easily amazed...

3. I have a problem with fanboism. This video out feature is nice, but hardly world-shattering, and it does nothing for the video annoyances I'm experiencing with my Itablet every day.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bochum, Germany
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Wasn't this an "Open Souce" project ?!?
So Open Idea.. you should have shared it with us all!
Shame on you!

Request: "I Hate You" button, please :-p
Sorry, we don't want to bother you with demo-SW . It's also intended to be open sourced, but please be patient for the time it takes.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
That was going to be my next gripe on this thing. We can't play video at a decent resolution on the built-in screen, but apparently full HD 30 fps is no problem once we connect it to an external monitor?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???!!
Because the LCD controller isn't involved here. . . .

Originally Posted by spartanNTX View Post
At the very least, the ITs all of a sudden appear to be getting video out capability. Why wouldn't you find an unexpected new IT feature exciting?
It's nice, but what does it do for the video problems with the built-in screen?

Also, I didn't buy an Itablet so that I could hook it up to a big screen; I bought it specifically not to hook it up to a big screen, because of its brilliant native screen. Of course, that was before I found out Nokia fixed it so that I could in many cases never use that brilliant screen to its full potential.

This is the same con Nokia keeps playing: Maemo has no decent HWR, but instead of developing/buying something usable, they bolt a keyboard on an "upgraded" model and claim they're veering away from the stylus-based input model.

Itablets have problems displaying video? Don't fix that! Just make them display video perfectly on an external screen. That'll shut the stupid users up.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Because the LCD controller isn't involved here. . . .
See my reply to "spartanNTX.

But don't let me stop you from going: "Oh boy!"