Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by konus View Post
No chance. openarena based on Quake3 engine.
It looks like Q3 is running on pandora, hopefully they can port it, it looks like people are already talking about it.. Perhaps I will be able to run it on my next phone too?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nurnberg
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
It looks like Q3 is running on pandora, hopefully they can port it, it looks like people are already talking about it.. Perhaps I will be able to run it on my next phone too?
take a look at pandora specs:

Type: Handheld game console / UMPC / PDA hybrid

CPU: 600 MHz OMAP3530 ARM Cortex-A8 (32 Bit) and 430 MHz TMS320C64x+ DSP Core, NEON & TRADE SIMD coprocessor[1]

Storage capacity: Dual SDHC slots, 512 MB internal NAND, USB external storage

Graphics: PowerVR SGX 530 at 110 MHz

Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, Bluetooth

PowerVR SGX 530 supports 3D acceleration, and n8*0 don't.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I gave openarena a whirl a while back on my N800, but not playable with software OpenGL rendering... Might be playable on the new Maemo devices (same hardware as Pandora) in "game mode" with some kind of OpenGL->GL ES translation library...

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Merged ZerionSeven's modified SDL driver, from Maqii, into this build, made it show the name and have an icon in the task switcher.

No pixel doubling. It segfaults if you try changing the resolution.

Testing consisted of completing the demo and firing off a few shots with the BFG 9000.

1. Replace the files in /usr/lib/quake2 with the ones from here: http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploa...y12/quake2.tar
2. Add "StartupWMClass=quake2" to /usr/share/applications/hildon/quake2.desktop

Source: http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploa...0.16.1.tar.bz2

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-06-09 at 17:13.