Hi,

If you're in the US and don't mind getting a little ripped off -

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=H11576-ND

White Micro A to female A connector with a 3 inch cable. Automatically switches modes and seems to work with a random USB flash drive. I haven't done much else with it though.

Ask your friendly local EE person to toss one in with their next order...

The Following User Says Thank You to hjames For This Useful Post:
If anyone is interested, this is a link to the data sheet with a drawing and pinouts.

http://media.digikey.com/PDF/Data%20...S-75-STDAJ.pdf

Pricing is $8.87 for one with $2.36 shipping (for me in NC) with first class USPS mail.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Any news at all with this adapter? I'll take one if you delivered to Australia

ill take one

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I go for one of those. I have a lot of USB gadgets that I'd like the chance to use with the N810. SD card reader amongst them. I once has a USB to Palm cable that had an SD reader in it -- very handy.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Can anyone comment on how long it actually takes to ship via the Standard Mail vs. Economy Mail option to the US? Can it really be up to 6 weeks?

Is is sent with full customs docs or just in a padded envelope with a couple of stamps on it?

Thanks.

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
I'll take one or two please.
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by cecil View Post
Can anyone comment on how long it actually takes to ship via the Standard Mail vs. Economy Mail option to the US? Can it really be up to 6 weeks?

Is is sent with full customs docs or just in a padded envelope with a couple of stamps on it?
If you're talking about buying from my site (EPO), we send it in a padded envelope along with the appropriate customs documentation attached and included. The Postal service going from Canada to the US usually isn't too bad, but what we found was that even with the appropriate documents it really came down to the luck of the draw as to whether the postal service choose to "inspect the package for customs" or not; in general with small packets they check about 1 in 4, so if yours is the one then the customs will add about a week of processing time to cross the border.
All in all it's a bit hit and miss, as some areas seem to get the deliveries quite quickly, while others take much longer, so we say "Up to 6 weeks" just so that you're aware of how long it CAN take. From the feedback I've gotten I would say the average time for the economy service is about 2-5 weeks, and the average time for the regular postal is about 1-3 weeks.

Thanks,
-Rob

Thanks for the reply, Rob/jolouis. That's the info I was looking for.

Sorry, but I couldn't find the 810 adapter in EPO... just the one for N800...