Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Let's just say I disagree calling full flash (even if only 9.4) on a MID/phone NOT a major feature.
Okay, for semantics sake... it's not a major upgrade from the N810. That's what I've been saying this entire time. It's not a major upgrade, just a point upgrade that doesn't really avoid a lot of pitfalls that I'd have to target my code to avoid.

Don't you sense the contradiction there ? It *WAS* formulated in a way so as to be easily misread. That's the very definition of misleading. Correct, but leads to wrong conclusion.
That was me actually owning up to adding to the confusion. Yeah, it (press release and headlines) was worded... vaguely and pretty badly. That's why you should have seen my face when the 9.1.xxx.xxx number came back from the HTC Hero owner.

That... was shocking. Sorta put a weird damper on what I had taken at face value as 10.x was released, or would be released for the HTC Hero.

Now, I'm waiting... but it'll be worth it.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
You have to read the Adobe/HTC Press Release very carefully to realise that it's not Flash 10 that has been released on the HTC Hero - it's a version of Flash (the exact version is never mentioned) that will play 80% of Flash content already "out there", and the version number provided by BatPenguin confirms it is a build based on Flash Player 9.

The Press Release avoids declaring the specific version of Flash being announced (I'm sure they were intentionally ambiguous for maximum impact) and then states (eventually) that Flash 10 is to be delivered "in the future".

Do you have any authoritative sources where it is stated that Flash 10 is now available for the HTC Hero (ie. from HTC themselves, or Adobe?) The blog post you have linked to is a re-hash of the Adobe/HTC Press Release but to it's credit the blog post does not make the mistake of stating that Flash 10 is now shipping on the Hero.
I've got a Hero and let me tell you Flash (it's 9.1 btw) on it is almost usless, most of the time it doesn't even load.

Nothing quite like a gray box with a cross through it

The Following User Says Thank You to Ovek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
okay what do you think about the flash in this video, the browser are really lagging and he only have one browser open. in the second half he open youtube site (2 browser with flash now open) and it also lagging bad... is this because of the flash ? or the device ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHa3A...layer_embedded

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Ovek: But the Hero doesn't have Cortex A8 cpu on it though..

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Only Nokia and Adobe can answer that... in 2010.
which part from the adobes statement that flash 10 will be ready for arm devices in 2010 you didn't understand?

correct me if i was wrong but I've lived in a belief that the problem is with adobe and their delay of releases x86 vs arm.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by BaKSo View Post
okay what do you think about the flash in this video, the browser are really lagging and he only have one browser open. in the second half he open youtube site (2 browser with flash now open) and it also lagging bad... is this because of the flash ? or the device ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHa3A...layer_embedded
come on. it's a pocketable device. windows xp has multitasking also but i can't run intensive superpi and youtube simultaneous without it affecting to both applications..

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
which part from the adobes statement that flash 10 will be ready for arm devices in 2010 you didn't understand?

correct me if i was wrong but I've lived in a belief that the problem is with adobe and their delay of releases x86 vs arm.
I guess it's the part where the preview release will be shown next month... or the prior, already hashed out ad nauseum potentially badly worded announcements.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Netherlands
After reading the news about flash 10.1 , I had one question , what about the n900 and flash 10.1 ?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/05/f...a-screen-webo/

Last edited by janzeeschuimers; 2009-10-05 at 14:20.

I started a new thread [ here ]

Apparently, the ARM and Nokia involvement means that the beta ARM version will be forthcoming in Q1 2010, the betas delivered at Adobe MAX will be for the mentioned ones.

I am not sure if it's been posted before but according to this forum.Nokia post the Nokia N900 used to demonstrate Flash 10.1 on Adobe MAX 2009 event. So my guess is that we will see Flash 10.1 on the N900 sometime next year

Nokia N900 running Flash 10.1 for mobile
biskero | 06 October, 2009 12:29

During the Adobe MAX 2009 keynote, the Adobe CTO showed the Nokia N900 running Flash 10.1 for mobile in the browser.

Flash 10.1 is the new runtime from Adobe for mobile devices. This new runtime will be used by Nokia on other devices in the first half of 2010. Hopefully there will be a standalone version.