Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
YoDude, I've come to realize we're just not ever going to be friendly to each other or work well together, so I tend to try to ignore you and run when I see you in a thread, so I'm definitely not following you. Nor am I speaking about you all over the forums in disrespectful and comical terms, or barraging your threads with the same post you managed to paste above, "demanding" I acknowledge you. (I'm 6'3", 215 lbs, and not used to anyone trying to push me around or demand anything from me)

I've tried to do a complete 180 on my attitude, and many have noticed. I suggest you follow suit. We all make mistakes. I've left you alone, and you still are full of one liners and attitude towards me, and that's fine. But its making you seem the bad guy. I'm glad the light is moving to you, but I really just want to get things done, not fight with you.

You don't mention all of the foul stuff you said that was removed, nor the multiple disruptive serial posts ("I'll keep bringing this up...until there is at least some acknowledgment that thread crapping is unproductive in a forum and cross posting is considered bad form" over and over again... Remember that??) with the same edited image in my threads demanding that I acknowledge your stance on my methods for drawing an audience. You can play nice guy here, but I'm not fooled by your fake innocence, dictatorial demands, and elite attitude. I know what purpose you have in my life, and helper isn't it. So I'll stay out of YOUR way.

Since you think my forums, which AREN'T linked here, just the news pages, apply to anything here, here's what you fail to realize:

"What I don't get is the fact that the forums you advertise in your signatures have rules that forbid the behaviors I questioned yet you target me as if I'm the man or Suttin'"

This isn't SFF or MFF, but TMO, and those rules were set for those sites, not this one. We don't allow jerks, either, but many are here and never banned.

From the rules section of MY forums...
SPAM, posting in different sections, reposting and advertise-postings (also in avatars) will not be tolerated, users will get warned or banned
This is in reference to people that try to sell iPhones, just like on this forums. Its not a classified ad, but a forum. Posting in different sections is about making the same thread in various locations, not posting in multiple threads. We usually let common sense rule, and put helping others as the first rule.

I didn't see putting my sites up as advertising since our stuff will be posted here, and we even allow exceptions for certain users. Some put their site as their name, but I didn't get that chance, and wanted Teo to if anyone did. I just wanted to let everyone know I'm representing my community, not myself. When the rule stipulates that I remove it, I'll oblige. But we're not a for profit organization, and we operate out of our Administrator's pocket, which is admittedly not deep. We're a service.

I like rules, but this site doesn't have clear cut ones just yet, so you shouldn't be trying to police me. Try putting up a brainstorm and letting the community decide what's best, not trying to run how I'm doing things. I see us on equal footing. We're members of a community, and that's it.

I guess you're not familiar with the Ambassador program for Nokia's many efforts. That's what I'm referring to. But if you plan to keep your mouth shut, hallelujah. Prayer works. Just stick to it. I haven't said much to you since you acted like you were my father, and it will stay that way. I've better things to do, like get this ASR thing moving...

I asked you nicely in this thread to please leave me
alone...

I posted verbatim in this thread the post you are asking me to remember. Do you even read the posts you are replying to?

Now you are accusing me of removing foul posts or you are impling that moderators had to.

I'm going to have to ask a moderator to step in here to set the record straight please!

The image that I think you are accusing me of editing was a screenshot taken and posted by another member. I have not edited it. He circled your name and asked you something along the lines of "why are you digging up old threads and cross posting", as I recall.

I don't know of anywhere I demanded anything of you... I have asked you to post pointers to where I have. Please don't threaten me with your physical size.

...again moderators please step in and comment on what I percieve to be threats.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Sorry, YoDude. That ship has sailed. I moved on. Why don't you try reading your own posts. I quoted the parts I mentioned so you would have more time to do something constructive, and here you are again since you asked.

"I'll keep bringing this up...until there is at least some acknowledgment that thread crapping is unproductive in a forum and cross posting is considered bad form" over and over again...

Now I'm a busy guy, and I have work to do. Is there an ending point to all of this useless back and forth for you? Please find it. I'm done, brother. OK? All's past and forgiven. Unless you have some help for me, just let it go.

Last edited by christexaport; 2009-09-28 at 05:53.

And I'm not accusing you of removing any posts, I'm talking about the mods, and I'm glad they did. It was a few of us, and I got the most heated. I'm done embarrassing myself, my community, and this forum. We don't want that floating in the web forever. We're men. Let's act like it.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Guys, please. Settle down. Maybe exchange PMs or e-mails or something, rather than arguing in public forums like this?

This is an especially ironic thread to have these kinds of arguments.

I agree, qole. Its not conducive to anything. How can we make the site better? That's what we're supposed to be discussing...

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I agree, qole. Its not conducive to anything. How can we make the site better? That's what we're supposed to be discussing...
I have rather felt this has been a discussion of two persons/sides, the other is leftie and the other right handed and both want to make one handed bandit but which hand to remove?

And I do try to stay away. I am leftie myself
Stupidity is the thing I hate the most.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
How about users that habitually verbally abuse and physically threaten other members. Can we do something about THOSE? I've put one on ignore already, but it's a shame that person still has an account here IMHO. Just sayin'...
Hang on, there's an ignore function on t.m.o? I haven't found it...

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Hang on, there's an ignore function on t.m.o? I haven't found it...

user profile > user lists > "add to ignore list"

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-09-28 at 10:24. Reason: clarity

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
and spell jay's name right...

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
user profile > user lists > "add to ignore list"
thx dude.

Just to clarify, the 'user profile' selected should be the intended target's, not your own.

Tags
user v. friendliness war, welcome all visitors