Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
You could use google voice.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
every s60 phone can record telephone conversations.
Almost.

The Omnia HD (S60 v5) cannot. Third party apps like Total recall do not record on that phone.

Yes, I know, I'm nitpicking, but I'm bored.

Now, I don't know about other countries, but in the US, it is indeel LEGAL to record conversations providing at LEAST one party in the active call knows the recording is taking place.

That is to say, either the person who placed the call or the person who received the call.

The law does not apply to Government entities such as Law Enforcement. Such entities have to get a little troublesome (to them), piece of paper called a warrant.

Last edited by That One Guy; 2009-12-17 at 00:51.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Why are people chatting about legalness of this little piece of software. Hell, we have a torrent software out there which can be used some illegal actions aswell :-D

I'd be more than happy to see an automatic call recorder for my N900. Total Recall saved me couple of times at S60-times.

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
im also waiting for this app. total recall saved my *** with an insurance company when they lied to me. and a blacklist app. lol

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
im also waiting for this app. total recall saved my *** with an insurance company when they lied to me. and a blacklist app. lol
I had a big fight with second-hand car-dealer last year. Luckily I had all the phone calls recorded and I won the fight 'coz I had something "physical evident" to show to the police ;-)

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
there u go. it was ssooo handy. love total recal.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
You could use google voice.
Yes, because we all do live in United States of America

I posted a method for recording calls using command line scripts here .

Any help for fixing up those scripts, or making better/more useful ones would be greatly appreciated.

Would love it if someone found a way to daemonize it to automatically run when a call becomes active.

Would also love any help in automatically converting it to a 2 channel mp3 file on the device.

Last edited by iKneaDough; 2009-12-25 at 18:26. Reason: grammar mistakes.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
Would also love any help in automatically converting it to a 2 channel mp3 file on the device.
I'd recommend looking into ecasound
http://ecasound.seul.org/ecasound/

I dont think its been built/packaged for fremantle (It works for me in a debian chroot though) but if you can get it to record from the appropriate pulse syncs, you can probably have it grab/mix both streams at once, or possibly just use one per stereo channel.

Failing that (it doesnt seem to directly support pulse), im pretty sure it could mix the streams after the fact.

The Following User Says Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
sox may be a faster route to get the raw output into something more usable: http://grangerx.wordpress.com/2009/0...parec-and-sox/

Not sure if its been packaged for freemantle yet either, but both sox and ecasound would be quite useful on the n900.

The internal mic is not half bad, I tried using it to record some guitar (using ecasound in my chroot) fiddling yesterday, and was pleasently surprised.

The Following User Says Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post: