Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Whitfield
Thanks for the support guys, if we don't try we will never know. They can look at it in 2 lights, either we are being picky and not do anything or that we are helping them with something their R&D department and testing should have picked upon, accept the mistake and change it for future manufacturing and devices, it is a huge and quite embarrassing flaw I think, especially on a flag ship?

I took some photos with and without the cover flash on and did not notice any hazy effect so I do not think this is a problem affecting all
n900 phones.

Last edited by hihai411; 2009-12-14 at 00:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to hihai411 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Whitfield
Thanks for testing and the feedback. That's interesting, not sure what the issue is, but it may mean that mine anfd by the sounds of things a few others are faulty. Thanks again for the help.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post
Is it possible that the small number of devices which suffer from random reboots do so because they've been put together badly? This might cause the flash LEDs to be fitted sufficiently out of alignment to cause the flare that I saw with my first one.
Don't think so. I have the flash issue, bur never experienced a reboot or any other hardware-related problem.

If this is really something some devices have and others don't, I would be very, very interested in finding out what makes the difference... it should be something you can easily see, right?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Don't think so. I have the flash issue, bur never experienced a reboot or any other hardware-related problem.
Same with me. The flash problem is strikingly obvious, but I've never had a spontaneous reboot.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Team C View Post
...I am surprised no one noticed this earlier.
attila77 did, as pointed out by qole previously in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
I don't see any problems with this shot using a flash: http://rachaelandtom.info/gallery2/m...serialNumber=1

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
It seems to me the flash does not fire with the same intensity every time (exposure measuring ? flash fatigue ?), so the haze might be (less) prominent depending on how strong the flash was in the actual image.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
And exactly how would you have them fix this issue - short of sending everyone who purchased and n900 a new back plate. Since we cant just pop the bezel off - thats about the only way I can see it happening - and I REALLY don't think thats going to occur.
I'm neutral as to whether Nokia or early adopters should bear the cost of ths bone-headed mis-feature. It doesn't even fit in with their black on black theme.

But the bright trim should certainly be eliminated from future production ASAP.

Has anyone filed a bug report on this yet? It will be interesting to see the excuse for WONTFIX.

I was having the same issue, but then i realized that there was a fingerprint on my the screen covering the lens. I cleaned it off and now I don't have the problem anymore.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marqallen For This Useful Post:

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate