Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Richardson, TX
make everything go to zero and the phone will be super fast. Eye candy vs Speed u choose

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
thanks, its all good i just needed to reboot, can you suggest a good set of setting for use in transitioncontrol?
This gives you smooth transitions, but is a bit slower:
(Few tweaks needed here and there, but that's easy.)

Blur: 26
Task Zoom*: 36
Task Rearrange*: 45
App Open: 50
Launcher In: 115
Launcher Out: 20
Launcher Sub In: 115
Launcher Sub Out: 15
App Close: 50
Subview In: 50
Subview Out: 50
Notification in: 50
Notification Out: 50
Rotate %: 90
Rotate In: 40
Rotate out: 40
Blank Min: 1 (Doesn't seem to do anything.)
Blank Max: 2 (Doesn't seem to do anything.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-11 at 01:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Explanation of each function:

Blur: The time it takes to go from the Home Screens to the Task Manager and back.
Task zoom***: Time it takes to go from an Application to the Task Manager and back.
Task rearrange***: Time it takes to rearrange apps in the Task Manager. (Close/Open apps)
App open: Time it takes for the launching app to fill the screen
Launcher in: Opening the first layer of the app menu
Launcher out: Leaving the first layer of the app menu
Launcher sub in: Opening the second layer of the app menu (More...)
Launcher sub out: Leaving the second layer of the app menu
App close: Time it takes for the app to leave the screen
Subview in: Time it takes for a menu to swipe in from the left/right (e.g. browser history)
Subview out: Time it takes for a menu to swipe out from the left/right (e.g. browser history)
Notification in: Time it takes for the Mail, IM notifications to come in.
Notifications out: Time it takes for the Mail, IM notifications to leave.
Rotate%: The "flip" angle of the rotation. (Browser, Phone, etc.)
Rotate in: Speed of the rotation effect going out.
Rotate out: Speed of the rotation effect coming in.
Blank min and Blank max: The minimum and maximum duration of the black box when launching (Seems to have no effect when changed.)

***Apply Changes at top, then Restart Desktop at bottom. (Try not to touch the screen while it's resetting.)
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-11 at 01:59.

My transitions.ini file is attached.

How to replace your transitions.ini file with someone else's:

Put the new transitions.ini into your /.documents/ directory by connecting via USB/Bluetooth to your computer.

Backup your original transitions.ini:

Code:
cp /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/transitions.ini.old
Replace your old transitions.ini:

Code:
cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/transitions.ini /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini
Reboot.

To replace the new one with your original, just do

Code:
cp /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/transitions.ini.old /usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini
Attached Files
File Type: zip transitions.ini.zip (744 Bytes, 147 views)

Last edited by xomm; 2010-05-11 at 02:00. Reason: Suprisingly, I forgot to attach said attachment! ^^;;

many thanks, i really just eanted everything quicker so i set everything except screen rotation% to 15

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Explanation of each function:

Blur: The time it takes to go from the Home Screens to the Task Manager and back.
Amount of blurring applied to windows below an active window. Each layer gains additional blurring. Additionally, it's animated so more blur takes more time. There's also a 3D-ish effect with blurring.
Task zoom***: Time it takes to go from an Application to the Task Manager and back.
Task rearrange***: Time it takes to rearrange apps in the Task Manager. (Close/Open apps)
App open: Time it takes for the launching app to fill the screen
Launcher in: Opening the first layer of the app menu
Launcher out: Leaving the first layer of the app menu
Launcher sub in: Opening the second layer of the app menu (More...)
Launcher sub out: Leaving the second layer of the app menu
App close: Time it takes for the app to leave the screen. This also affects the stars animation at the end of the exit. The control affects the vertical collapse, the horizontal collapse AND the little white stars that hide the exit of the application.
Subview in: Time it takes for a menu to swipe in from the left/right (e.g. browser history)
Time it takes for additional application windows to pop in and out, when layered. Examples are: Media player to image viewer/ video viewer modes, conversations to single message, etc. A layered window is when the next window doesn't have an X in the top right corner, but an arrow that returns you to the previous view. This includes 3rd party app, games, and the MicroB history. Notably, the entire navigation through Email app and App manager both make heavy use of layered windows.
Subview out: Time it takes for a menu to swipe out from the left/right (e.g. browser history)
See above
Notification in: Time it takes for the Mail, IM notifications to come in.
Notifications out: Time it takes for the Mail, IM notifications to leave.
Rotate%: The "flip" angle of the rotation. (Browser, Phone, etc.)
The percentage of the original 90 degrees animation to be shown when device switches from portrait to landscape. Originally, 100% is shown, so phone rotates from 0 to 90% (effectively disappearing), then from 90 to 0.
Changing this to 50 (%), means that only half of each animation will be shown, the first part. A 50% animation means that phone will rotate from 0 to 45 degrees, then blank, then from 45 to 0 on the other orientation.
Continuing the example, a 10% will only start rotation for the first 9 degrees, then blank, then the last 9 degrees on the other end.
Rotate in: Speed of the rotation effect going out.
Rotate out: Speed of the rotation effect coming in.
Blank min and Blank max: The minimum and maximum duration of the black box when launching (Seems to have no effect when changed.)
Rotation isn't happening. What the phone does is show you an animation, when it reaches the end the screen blanks, then the phone quickly switches mode, then it de-blanks and shows the back rotation.
Minimum and maximum blanking time is how much the screen stays blank during rotation.
MINIMUM: If zero, it will show as soon as possible, sometimes showing artifacts from the rotation. Increasing minimum keeps the screen blank for a little longer, giving it time to actually do the flipping. If it's done before this time, it will keep blank. This ensures an uniform rotation time regardless of load, and ensures no artifacts.
MAXIMUM: If actual rotation exceeds maximum, the phone starts refreshing the screen even if it's not done flipping, resulting in flickering, artifacts, etc. This setting should be larger than minimum and not too large, as the screen will remain blank, but not too short as to appear pixely and show colored snow flipping.

***Apply Changes at top, then Restart Desktop at bottom. (Try not to touch the screen while it's resetting.)
Fixed a few explanations, expanded on some.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Fixed a few explanations, expanded on some.
Thanks. Cleared up the black box. I thought it was the box when loading apps.