Notices

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by Ibson View Post
Arghh msn doesnt work..
Msn Haze
Msn pecan
A msn

thats the only way to contact my Girlfriend... We dont have ping or something else.. darnitt -_-
Care to be a bit more specific? Works fine for me. Have you checked the port number in your connection hasn't set itself to a stupid number? I had this happen under previous release.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I'm not entirely sure what happened, but after installing extra decoders support my Media Player was unable to read the contents of my MicroSD card. It would retrieve my playlists but songs would be marked as "Not available". It managed to play the files, though.

Don't know if for sure it was the fault of this package or something else, phone's been acting crazy ever since 1.2.
I can confirm this. After installing the extra decoders for Media Player, it doesn't recognize the songs on the MicroSD card *AND* also not on the internal memory card anymore. It seems something is wrong with the song database then? Because you can click on a media file (mp3,avi,mpg,etc) via file manager and the song/video is played (the new codecs, too). But after starthing the Media Player directly, it cannot find any song/video. There's the message: No songs, No Videos found, such that you can't choose anything to play from within Media Player.

After deinstallation of the extended codec package, everything works again fine.

regards,
nexus

P.S. I think it's this package, I'm talking about:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39299

In German it's called: Erweiterte A/V Formatunterstützung (0.3.4-1)

Last edited by nexus101; 2010-05-31 at 05:53.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Originally Posted by inkjected View Post
xkblayouts-rx51-ru

The Russian phonetic keyboard layout no longer works. Hoping there can be a patch for it soon.

Also, this isn't exactly a problem with an app, but when you click ctrl + space it only switches the layout on virtual keyboard, but not on the physical... Kinda weird.
You are mistake. I'm author of xkblayouts and my packet is cheked and work on 1.2. I think it's problem of you enviroment. Try cleared install/

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by nexus101 View Post
After installing the extra decoders for Media Player, it doesn't recognize the songs on the MicroSD card *AND* also not on the internal memory card anymore.

Erweiterte A/V Formatunterstützung (0.3.4-1)
I also have this version installed and everything works fine. I can play video and audio right from media player without problems.

If it helps: I installed PFR1.2 from flasher but only FW, not eMMC.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I also have this version installed and everything works fine. I can play video and audio right from media player without problems.

If it helps: I installed PFR1.2 from flasher but only FW, not eMMC.
I confirm also same as you and i also never flashed emmc.
Is it then a fault after flashing emmc?

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
I also have used flasher-3.5 with debian linux to update to PR1.2. Update OTA was not possible (don't know why, because I bought it this month and haven't installed too much (maybe due to an app which also installed QT4.6?). I just got the message from the Packet Manager, that I have to use the Nokia Flasher Software to upgrade to PR1.2 (or something like that).

I don't have flashed eMMC. Don't know why I should have done it or why anybody else wanted to do that :-)

regards,
nexus

just for info: have uninstalled : 3d/2d switcher applet, ext call log and call notifier as well as all themes exept the originals and android (which work fine) now my phone is fast and smoothly working again.
Hope this helps the developers to identify the probs. I have no glue how those apps are connected in some way.
greetings
rr

The Following User Says Thank You to RanRuobin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netehrlands
BACKUP
Backup does not work for "Communication and Calendar"

1st install of PR1.2 by OTA, 2nd by FW - both without eMMC and 3rd install also with eMMC flash.
Problem is that PC-Suit did not sync with my Laptop Outlook and OVI overwrote my sync and emptied ALL my Outlook Calendar content, Now have 2 empty calendars - lost ALL my engagements for coming weeks BUT have historical Outlook from 2 months ago and the Backups (5 of them each showing content for Com & Cal and containing next weeks appointments).

Need BACKUP to work for Calendar pretty damned fast not to become a real disgruntled N900 user! What is the outlook for this? Same issue and discussion also in posts from GroenG.(but he has been lucky with his sync..., for me ;(

The Following User Says Thank You to jlnh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
I'm not certain this thread is a good idea. It would be far more beneficial (and productive) to the developer of the malfunctioning app if you used the affected app's bug tracker instead of one thread. Otherwise, every developer has to read through pages of this thread and any other similar thread or search the thread for his app's name to see if anyone is complaining.

Which do you think will garner results faster?
  • reporting through official channels with details
  • stating "this program doesn't work" in one thread with numerous other complaints without any specificity

Go to http://maemo.org/packages and search for the offending app, then use the "Report a bug in this project's bugtracker" link. If they don't have a valid bug tracker, then it is a bug. In that case I would imagine a contacting the developer directly or a thread devoted specifically to that app would be better than this cluster f*cked melting pot.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
I'm not certain this thread is a good idea. It would be far more beneficial (and productive) to the developer of the malfunctioning app if you used the affected app's bug tracker instead of one thread. Otherwise, every developer has to read through pages of this thread and any other similar thread or search the thread for his app's name to see if anyone is complaining.

Which do you think will garner results faster?
  • reporting through official channels with details
  • stating "this program doesn't work" in one thread with numerous other complaints without any specificity

Go to http://maemo.org/packages and search for the offending app, then use the "Report a bug in this project's bugtracker" link. If they don't have a valid bug tracker, then it is a bug. In that case I would imagine a contacting the developer directly or a thread devoted specifically to that app would be better than this cluster f*cked melting pot.
I think the idea of this thread was to ascertain which apps have known issues after pr1.2, to give those people who are having issues a quick reference point and to delete those apps if applicable.
It appears that a lot of the minor bugs people are encountering following the update could be solved by removing some of the non-compatible apps. This also solves the problem of endless threads being started.

The Following User Says Thank You to markn For This Useful Post: