Active Topics

I haven't yet looked at this or any other sms apps, but I wanted to ask about there being only characters a-z.

Will it be difficult to have more characters?

I think being able to use all alphanumeric unicode charachters is very important for many languages.

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mannakiosk View Post
I haven't yet looked at this or any other sms apps, but I wanted to ask about there being only characters a-z.

Will it be difficult to have more characters?

I think being able to use all alphanumeric unicode charachters is very important for many languages.
Because manage a-z is more easy than manage all unicode characters.
By the way more common symbols will be managed soon and final goal is supports all characters.

The Following User Says Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
Because manage a-z is more easy than manage all unicode characters.
By the way more common symbols will be managed soon and final goal is supports all characters.
If there is some sort of queue for charachters to get in to the application, I'd like to nominate the fine å,ä and ö.

(Nah, just kidding. IMHO, "special" charachters should appear for the largest user groups first (also taking into account the work needed.))

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Technically speaking if this gets off the ground it should be faster than vertsms because it's written in C++. That, and it being written in Qt makes it potentially future proof (god forbid meego not have portrait mode texting).

As for switching layouts between portait and landscape, I just relayout the widgets when the window is resized (triggered by changing orientation).

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Any screenshots about this application?

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Any screenshots about this application?
here a landscape screenshot...i dont know how take one from portrait
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
if fastsms only uses autorotation, you won't be able to take a screenshot, Is there an option for manual orientation?

I know its still alpha but are there plans for notification feature, integrated inbox, sent items etc.?

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
@maxximuscool: thank you!!!

@BN900: I can't cause vertsms is writed in python and i don't know that language At the start i want to collaborate on that program but when i saw python i close it asap :P
You can start programming in python in about 2 days. It is a very easy language to learn.

@aspidites: yes,it uses autorotation and atm there is not a manual option for it

@Radicalz38: what do you mean with "notification feature"? integrated inbox are already done: when you send a message from fastsms it will compare in conversation.

@v13: yes, you are not the first person that said this, but i prefer focus my attention on learn qt and qt mobility Perhaps in future!