Notices

Done, done and done -- well almost The equalizer may take some time, but we'll get the bugs you mentioned, landscape and playlist/folder support in shortly . We don't have a dedicated maemo page up yet but when we do (and we're working on one as we speak) we'll put the latest and greatest on there as well as possibly a beta version that the braver of our users would be willing to help us test out.

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Hi Peter! Nice to meet you!
Your app is really a nice one... I will attach some screenshots to see the bugs are we confronting right now.
I understand that this is not the final version. Also I don't have any clue about your upcoming ones.
What I would like to see:
1. The bugs in the pictures fixed...
2. Abbility to play songs by choosing folders.
3. Equallizer if posible.
4. Landscape mode, maybe automated rotation.

I olso suggests to make a link on your site to allow the users to download the latest version from there.
Two questions:
1. There is another possibility to share with us 0.9 version, maybe to post it here?
2. Do you think that my requests will be implemented? Punctualy please!

Thank you!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the feedback. We'll put the bh505 on our todo list, though to be honest it's not at the top I estimate 2-3 weeks at least before we get to it.

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Hi
many thanks for this great appz
only 1 wish
add the support for the bh-505 commands to skip easily to next song

The Following User Says Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
There is a long way from the version from OVI, 0.24.1 to the latest, 0.9.
You made my day with the abbility to play by browsing folders!
I have an idea regarding the picture attached to each song(cover). There will be possible to let the user choose the appropriate image browsing from more images available on-line? Or download the cover entering the name of artist/album/song... There was such a feature on LCG Jukebox.

Last edited by puiradu; 2010-07-05 at 22:05.

Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Do you know when the latest version will be available on OVI?

I'd expect 3-4 revs before we iron out all the kinks. We haven't done any revs with Nokia yet but we're told it takes 6-8 days. Once our website is up, I think we'll distribute a copy through there to expedite the process. The app currently downloads missing artwork from the internet but try as we may, it will always have some failure rate. We don't have any immediate plans to fix that on the mobile client but we will be shipping a desktop client for mac (available in beta) and windows and linux shortly which will allow you to fix the metadata from there.

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
There is a long way from the version from OVI, 0.24.1 to the latest, 0.9.
You made my day with the abbility to play by browsing folders!
I have an idea regarding the picture attached to each song(cover). There will be possible to let the user choose the appropriate image browsing from more images available on-line? Or download the cover entering the name of artist/album/song... There was such a feature on LCG Jukebox.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Hey Peter, thank you so much for engaging in this thread.

Couple of Ideas/Requests concerning 'Instinctive' (from my point of view):
  • Landscape view, yes please! Makes Multitasking easier. [Personally, it's not a must have for me - a stable portrait is enough.]
  • Improving the app's working speed (loadup, song-skip and seek, database browsing) [ANNOTATION: on my device - nothing overclocked, no tweaks - it already runs stable and reasonably fast! Can't really complain. A few tweaks making it even more faster would be fantastic]
  • When you open up the app, besides 'Library' and 'Shuffle' I'd like to see 'Most played Tunes' as well as 'Recently added' options. This could possibly be extended by adding a 'Playlists' field, but I guess we'll see that in the long run (if you even intend to include that).
  • Adding 'Genre' to the Database as a selectable.
  • When browsing the Library for Songs/Artists/Albums - especially if you have a lot - it would be nice to see Letters on the right for quicker access. At them moment it's a bit of a hassle to navigate if you have a lot of content: you find your artist, click it, play the song, and if you go back it hasn't saved your last Letter-position, which means you have to scroll down again until you find it again.
  • We are missing a 'Volume' slider!
  • The loading of Covers within the Library would be great.
  • Getting 'Instinctive Shuffle' to work.
  • A long click on a song allowing you to access a submenu, including 'View Details' (Bitrate, tags, etc), assigning cover art (locally and through the internet), and deleting the file.
  • Equalizer! Yessss

What's great already
  • The loading of Covers simply works amazing. I am virtually shaking your hand Peter, it simply works like a charm. Noticed today it pulls up covers the Built-In MP blatantly chose to ignore - great!
  • The Interface is excellent, very intuitive - great again. Play Buttons, Navigation bar at the top, etc, they are in the right spot.
  • It simply looks good. Damn good. Clean, elegant, to the point. No unnecessary shnickshnack, nice!

If you need any further ideas / pointers / support, let me know Thank you for your input so far, be aware that you being here is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Haus3r; 2010-07-05 at 23:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Haus3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
as for headset daemon i think it only works with default media player and panuchi
MediaBox does it also.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Wow, you guys are awesome. Thanks Haus3r! That's amazing feedback and really helps us prioritize our todo list. I'm with you all the way on every single item on your list except for one, where I need some clarification. You're not the first person to bring this up so I'm clearly missing something but why do you want a volume slider in the interface, when the n900 has physical volume buttons on the side, which, no matter what we do, will always be easier to operate than an onscreen button? Thanks again for the input -- we depend on it to make our app better

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peter@instinctiv.com For This Useful Post:
Peter, downloaded this just a few minutes ago and had a play around with it. Very interested to see what changes there are in version 0.9!!!

As above, I am having no difficulties in terms of how responsive the player is. The first couple of times I ran the program my CPU was about 40% while a song was playing. The last time I tried it was gutsing it at 100%, so not sure what the deal could be there.

To give personal input on what can be added (just to help you prioritise, not to criticise!!!!)
For me, playlist support would be nice, only because i have ~2200 songs on my device and obviously don't want to have to change song all the time.
Also, and I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but at some stage (I imagine this being difficult to implement, so maybe in the not-so-near future) it would be great if you could add support for the built-in FM Transmitter.

Those are the only two things that would stop me from making this my default player because the interface is incredibly clean. When the correct version is uploaded to the OVI store/available off the website I'll try and use the Mac OS client and see how we get on there. I have been using Songbird which now has support for N900 for Mac OS but I'm sure your desktop client has similar support, so am very interested in seeing what happens when I sync the two.

Keep up the fantastic work, as I said the interface is absolutely amazing, far better than anything I've seen on the N900 to date.

Cheers all the way from Australia

Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to tom047 For This Useful Post:
tom047 ,
I downloaded the app earlier today and i was using the fm transmitter with no problems, maybe because i was using the fm widget to turn it on but it worked like a charm!