Active Topics

Poll: Buy n900 again?
Poll Options
Buy n900 again?

Nope, I'd claim on the insurance and rescue the one I'd dropped.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Descalzo View Post
Only if I had the money.
Two words: waterdamage insurance

i pressed no, but i'm not sure. i own it for 2.5 months now i like it. however, as much as i love the device and it answeres all my needs, i feel like you have to plan ahead.

There is only one thing we all know for sure. maemo 5 will be dead in a year or so and we dont know what kind of OS we will get with meego.
so now, with the device getting older i find spending money on it(even 300Euros) seems abit foolish. My guess is that ill wait, as at the moment there is no decent device out there that i feel like it can replace the n900.

3 months ago, when i ordered my device i didnt know about meego not being offiically coming for n900, however i dont regret getting it even for one second. but like i said every dawn brings a few new HTC's ;p

Simple answer... No!

I have become quite disillusioned with the N900. No, thats a little unfair... More like very P***ed off with nokias lack of support for the Maemo handset!

The Following User Says Thank You to UKAndy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
if i cant get it back to life..... i would probably buy another one....

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
I am actually just pondering this question. No, the N900 did not drop into the toilet, but my wife found out that the device suits her well for her work. So I am left mostly N900-less:

I am looking for:
- GSM
- unlocked
- physical keyboard
- multitasking
- configurable to my taste
- usable as phone, PIM, musicplayer, websurfer,

I know the shortcomings of the device pretty well, but I cannot find any competing device with similar capabilities at a similar price ($400 at Amazon today).

So will I buy????

Last edited by cBeam; 2010-07-14 at 21:22.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by ironm8 View Post
There is only one thing we all know for sure. maemo 5 will be dead in a year or so and we dont know what kind of OS we will get with meego.
This is a bit offtopic, but hopefully will help in soothing some of those "the death of maemo" fears:

While maemo won't get any official updates, I wouldn't say it will be dead in a year, because with the current trend of ushering both Symbian and MeeGo towards Qt a lot of the applications that will be released for either OS will also work on maemo.

Add that I'm pretty sure that this community will resume to get out great applications for the internet tablets and I think there's hope we'll have a couple years of fun with maemo ahead of us despite the terrible lack of Nokia support.

no i would claim on the insurance. last time i claimed on insurance they sent me a cheque to use at a phone shop... in this situation wouldn't get a n900 again

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norway
@Cbeam: Motorola milestone/droid.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by tenkom View Post
@Cbeam: Motorola milestone/droid.
I looked at the motorola. The milestone / droid is more expensive ($450 and up), the keyboard feels really flimsy. I did not like the device.

Tags
fanboys' heaven, n900 sh*t smell, take one from a, tmo troll cheap