Notices

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Tried this and still no joy. Have also done all the actiosn to clean the device of MM9 and a fresh install but still the same result. I have reported this to Sygic but no reply from them either
Hi bockersjv, Do you have any solution for the crash after start ?
I have the same problem :-(

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by pcsabi View Post
Hi bockersjv, Do you have any solution for the crash after start ?
I have the same problem :-(
Sygic responded to my email and asked for a screen shot of the root files on my N900. The propblem was due to the fact that I was missing the RES folder and files. this was due to the fact that the first ZIP I managed to download was missing the RES folder and also half of the maps.

They re-sent a download link, I moved accross the res file and the rest of the maps and all is now working well.

Thanks Sygic too for all your help in resolving this. They did also appologise for the delay in resonse but explained that they have been very busy recently..

Last edited by bockersjv; 2010-08-13 at 12:01.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Sygic responded to my email and asked for a screen shot of the root files on my N900. The propblem was due to the fact that I was missing the RES folder and files. this was due to the fact that the first ZIP I managed to download was missing the RES folder and also half of the maps.

Thanks for the help ! Your message helped me to find out the problem. It was my fault, I copied the directories from the ZIP file to the memory card instead of the internal memory...

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kouvola
I am not able to type scandic letters like ä and ö with SMM10 when searching addresses. Same with SMM virtual keyboard and device keyboard. Any ideas what is wrong? Haven't got any answer from Sygic support yet.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by luurimies View Post
I am not able to type scandic letters like ä and ö with SMM10 when searching addresses. Same with SMM virtual keyboard and device keyboard. Any ideas what is wrong? Haven't got any answer from Sygic support yet.
You can use "A" and "O" letters instead of Ä and Ö. It will find the streest fine Ie. "jääkäripolku" can be typed as "jaakaripolku" and Sygic will find it.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
I am still debating weather to go back to 9.Version 10 has some nice features but it takes soo long to calculate a route. Example is this weekend I had a 276 mile journey to do it took nearly 4 mins to calculate a route where as ver 9 took less than 1 minute.
I also do not like the scrolling in the menus(I have rebooted)
I do like the intergrated contacts and the maps seem to handle roundabout directions better ie go straight on or turn left at ect.
Anyone else have the routing issue or found a solution? Sorry if its already been mentioned in this thread but im on limited internet usage at min.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
SMM10 still hasn't showed up in OVI, so I'm guessing the OVI QA actually works...

I got the email from Sygic, announcing that they had just submitted it the 6th of August.

I hope that the delay IS actually because OVI isn't satisfied with the product and not just a general OVI delay...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
SMM10 still hasn't showed up in OVI, so I'm guessing the OVI QA actually works...

I got the email from Sygic, announcing that they had just submitted it the 6th of August.

I hope that the delay IS actually because OVI isn't satisfied with the product and not just a general OVI delay...
Ah hope, perchance to dream...

There are still apps on OVI that are not "optified", fill up Rootfs with whole directories of data (60,000 articles) that could be easily stored elsewhere, do not completely un-install, and directly conflict with other applications. I hope that the delay is because OVI Q/A is weeding this crap out yet I still see a big offender like "WiKI How" on OVI with its original build date even though detailed feed back was given to them almost 8 months ago.

If OVI ever does get its act together with regard to the N900 they are going to have to post on this board what they actually did to improve it before I (and perhaps others) go back there again.

Kudos to Sygic for becoming members of our forum community and using it instead of, or as a supplement to OVI for distribution. MM10 has problems but at least they are trying to sort them out using the real world feedback that our forum can provide.

With that said:
Mine crashes at about 45 minutes into a trip. I've turned off all notifications, disabled any "dynamic" features, loaded only Sygic, and all this hasn't helped a lick as spontaneous crashes remain.

Time to calculate even simple routes within 50 miles of my current location takes a lot longer than with MM9. It shows a number count down of "routes analyzed" while it does this. That number starts of in the thousands, even when the route requested involves only two roads and one turn.

Perhaps when live traffic becomes available some of these issues will go away. Maybe some of its routines are spending time looking for something that isn't there yet.

I am going to have to downgrade to MM9 until then for the reliability if nothing else. I hope I do not have issues reactivating MM9.

Has anyone else downgraded?

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Ah hope, perchance to dream...

Kudos to Sygic for becoming members of our forum community and using it instead of, or as a supplement to OVI for distribution. MM10 has problems but at least they are trying to sort them out using the real world feedback that our forum can provide.
I can only agree... If only other software companies were this "open" maybe the community wouldn't be so bitter...

Time to calculate even simple routes within 50 miles of my current location takes a lot longer than with MM9. It shows a number count down of "routes analyzed" while it does this. That number starts of in the thousands, even when the route requested involves only two roads and one turn.

Perhaps when live traffic becomes available some of these issues will go away. Maybe some of its routines are spending time looking for something that isn't there yet.

I am going to have to downgrade to MM9 until then for the reliability if nothing else. I hope I do not have issues reactivating MM9.
Guess I can wait a little longer with upgrading... Besides crashing occasionally I don't really have any problems with MM9.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate