Active Topics

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
I mentioned in "USB hostmode beta release" thread that I unsuccessfully tried to connect Canon camera and Nokia N95 (PC Suite mode). Today I tried again just to get dmesg logs.
N95 looks really weird, from a fast scan it seems N95 is trying to create more than 16 devices, and that fails. ttyACM is coming up (terminal to N95), but no mass storage in first 15 devices

For Canon I see:
[ 9355.010009] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using musb_hdrc and address 120
[ 9355.164764] usb 1-1: adding 1-1:1.0 (config #1, interface 0)
[ 9355.166290] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=04a9, idProduct=30b1
[ 9355.166351] usb 1-1: Product: Canon Digital Camera
[ 9355.166351] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Canon Inc.
Then the log aborts. It seems like Canon needs an awful lot of retries, until it ends up with addr 120. Possibly this device needs some 10s of seconds to initialize after VBUS, prior to starting ENUM.

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

mine says unable to connect.. file system unavailable...

what is missing?

Thanks all for work on h-e-n, that successfully tested on Flash drive(SanDisk Extreme Contour 16GB), mice and keyboard =)

but how to work on lan adapter? i tested in full speed hostmode, router can detect the lan signal, but can't connect network though wired lan. I don't know how to setup by wired lan, can anyone help me?? thanks!

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
It was closed. In fact, I tried after rebooting just to make sure - thanks!

Good news:
Now I was able to get a SD reader recognized and working AND recognize (but not work with) my modem. I didn't knew that I needed to install h-e-n. I thought that it was installed alongside power kernel, now that they are together, and that was then a command prompt, but I was wrong.

Bad news:
I noticed that after using h-e-n (and closing it), if I go to charge my device (and then shut the screen backlight), it will glow, whenever it needs to glow, but REALLY WEAK and then, from nowhere, goes normal again. And then, randomly, will glow weak again. I just saw that happening RIGHT NOW. I don't know why, maybe some thing is reverse charged and the it needs to wait until discharge, I just see that it does that.
This is a problem which i have to. i just lock the screen and unlock after i close hen.. it works fine after

[quot]

I noticed too that, if I try to copy ONE BIG file(700mb) from the SD to an external SD, it will go really fast in the first 20mb, but will start to slow down up to the maximum of 200mb(in my experiences) when it will "break" - mostly will break before. I'm yet to test with other hub to see if it is a problem with my actual hub, but I'd like to let it registered. I hope someone tried to copy some file from the SD to an USB SD reader to confirm or deny that. I'm yet to test from the internal memory to the USB SD reader too.

And, finally, I guess this is related with the power kernel: It does not like to reboot. Almost always, when I ask it to REBOOT, it will reboot, but not actually boot, it will start to boot and then, turn off. Then I need to turn it on manually. Is anybody else experiencing this?

I'm yet to retry the maemo-pc-connectivity, to see if it is working.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

yes. i have this problem. i have no clue what it is. i try copying a huge file, it stops at around 250-300mb.

Thanks all for work on h-e-n, that successfully tested on Flash drive(SanDisk Extreme Contour 16GB), mice and keyboard

but how to work on lan adapter? i tested in full speed hostmode, router can detect the lan signal, but can't connect network though wired lan. I don't know how to setup by wired lan, can anyone help me?? thanks!

Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
yes. i have this problem. i have no clue what it is. i try copying a huge file, it stops at around 250-300mb.
This is a general problem/bug of maemo, to be seen on all copy actions and probably related to mem/swap usage.
It also happens when copying / moving a large file from uSD to eMMC (card to MyDocs) via cmdline in osso-xterm, as well as on trying to directly copy same thing via mass storage under control of your PC.

So while this shows up in your case for USB attached storage, it basically is completely unrelated to hostmode or h-e-n

For the display part: yes, there's something odd with display dimming after restart of bme. Usually a lock&unlock of screen fixes that

/j

aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
mine says unable to connect no system file available....

also for new power kernel v45 do i still need to instal i2c-tools?

Originally Posted by firstknight View Post
also for new power kernel v45 do i still need to instal i2c-tools?
Yes, i2c-tools are needed to make VBUS boost possible. If Mohammad has packaged
h-e-n GUI pkg correctly, it should install i2c-tools as a dependency
/j

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
N95 looks really weird, from a fast scan it seems N95 is trying to create more than 16 devices, and that fails. ttyACM is coming up (terminal to N95), but no mass storage in first 15 devices

For Canon I see:
[ 9355.010009] usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using musb_hdrc and address 120
[ 9355.164764] usb 1-1: adding 1-1:1.0 (config #1, interface 0)
[ 9355.166290] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=04a9, idProduct=30b1
[ 9355.166351] usb 1-1: Product: Canon Digital Camera
[ 9355.166351] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Canon Inc.
Then the log aborts. It seems like Canon needs an awful lot of retries, until it ends up with addr 120. Possibly this device needs some 10s of seconds to initialize after VBUS, prior to starting ENUM.

cheers
jOERG
Joerg, thanks for explanation.

About camera, I attached it in switched off state, so when I initiate VBUS it actually switch on the camera first. I will do the test also with switched on camera and post the log.

N95 has 2 partitions, phone's internal drive and microsd memory card. I will try to connect the phone in PC suite mode without microsd memory and also post the results.

I don't expect from you guys that you will provide us functionality for any device which come across our minds. I'm already exited and satisfied with current progress. I just hope that infos like this can help you to make some additional improvements.

Thanks again!

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Yes, i2c-tools are needed to make VBUS boost possible. If Mohammad has packaged
h-e-n GUI pkg correctly, it should install i2c-tools as a dependency
/j
hmm i tried.. and this is what i got...as per attachement....
Attached Images

Last edited by firstknight; 2010-11-17 at 08:21.

Tags
awesome!, bada rox, h-e-n hostmode, more noise