Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
That is by the by. Fact of the matter is that it is possible to get it to work on all N900s but Nokia did not. And there are many bugs they expressly decided they would not be fixing on maemo 5 and it had nothing to do with whether they were fully reported or not. It is not up to users to solve all problems for Nokia. But I guess we have different views on such issues. If that is they carry that attitude into their meego device then well....
It works on Nokiaīs testing devices and on mine and probably on many many users. If user chooses to install 3rd party apps that make widget not behave as they should then itīs userīs choice. Do you understand that you are able to fck whole system just by doing ONE edit in ONE config file or just installing single package from arbitrary webpage. No one, not single one is holding your hand and saying that "you should not do this and that thing because we know better".

I rarely see proper bug reports. More like: "Itīs not working please fix"..."Fix what?". And itīs always wonderful to see that when single user has problem, itīs THE most important problem in the world and of course all the other users are having this same problem also.

What are you talking about fully reporting? Off course itīs users problem if it starts to happen on his device when he has made some changes to system or installed applications. Users job is to give instructions as much as possible to help themselves because we are not talking about some car or washing machine here.

On the other hand I think that Nokia could have done better job on sanboxing widgets. On contrary this probably would have meant that they should be more closed down :| and not so widely usable as they currently are. Give devels free hands on fooling around and user come back to you because of bad quality of apps developed...nice :|

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-06 at 11:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
well i think devs like nicolai are the blood of my N900 ... without all of the extra apps my N900 would be bog standard and pretty unconfigurable and unusable so thanks to nicolai and all other devs who take their own time to create apps for us all to use!!!

Nokia should give a couple of devs like nicolai and mohammadag a paid job upgrading maemo and creating apps, they would probably do a better job of it than Nokia does (they do at the moment anyway)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Iīm not denying here that there is amazing individuals and devels around here, like Nicolai, but Iīm just trying to show that there is some responsibility on user side also. Itīs not Nokia's problem to take care of badly coded applications that leak memory and make your system stall or behave oddly.

Currently it looks like it might have been better to Nokia to NOT DO ANY WIDGETS AT ALL. That would probably help some user to understand that the problem is not on Nokia's side totally.

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-07 at 00:31.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
installing new media player widget latest version. original one from nokia vanished. any body know how to get media player from apt-get.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Long Island, New York
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
2. The playlist tab picks up playlists I created on the device but does not pick up ones I created externally. Would be nice if possible for it to pick up external playlists as basically all my playllists are created on my PC.
ditto...these external playlists are visible in the media player but not available in the widget's list

Lover of Music, Technology & Travel
If I'm not logged in, I'm probably jetsetting to a city near you...

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Very useful widget. It works better than the Nokia one, especially in connection with headphone daemon.
But, recently I have noticed a noticeably increased rate of battery drain. One of the suspects in this is this widget. I am wondering if anybody else has felt this or whether some other app is causing this...

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi ejasmudar;

it is difficult for me, to see an impact on battery life, while
developing I often have to restart the device which takes battery
power too.
Please report back if you found out something.

BTW, I uploaded a new version 0.3 with a better
dialog for playlist selection which supports the
"imported" playlists now.

nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
i have just checked for a few hours and i feel that after removing the widget, there is a marked improvement in battery life. Maybe it has something to do with media being paused instead of stopped???

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
just a little bug to report,
MPW is showing the last video i watched and tries to play it but closes, rather than showing the music only

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Iīm not denying here that there is amazing individuals and devels around here, like Nicolai, but Iīm just trying to show that there is some responsibility on user side also. Itīs not Nokia's problem to take care of badly coded applications that leak memory and make your system stall or behave oddly.

Currently it looks like it might have been better to Nokia to NOT DO ANY WIDGETS AT ALL. That would probably help some user to understand that the problem is not on Nokia's side totally.
I installed Titan power46 and something else then Icould not take any photo at all. I blamed myself and the power kernel. I reflash my N900 completely and tried again. I can take photos now, but...
With a clean n900 on PR1.2, I could take still images while listening to music. With a just-completely-reflashed N900 on PR1.3, music is paused when you open your lense cover and will continue playing ONLY if you close the cover or close the camera application.
Many bug reports related to music daemon were made before PR1.3. You can see for yourself in this case if Nokia official developers have done their job properly to fix the bugs. N900 is said to be a multitasking monster, but to lessen some bugs, Nokia devs stop music daemon from multitasking with camera app!?

Should I blame myself again for not reflashing PR1.2 instead?Which widget do you suggest should take the blaim

You sound like those common smart Nokia who prefer smart excuses to smart solutions.