Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Showed my n9 to my father recently, I told him he should consider to buy the wp7 version since meego is a dead end. He lost interest though when I told him it does not have swipe. Somehow he was totally into swipe after a few minutes.
N9 a dead end? Depends on how you view it. It's still good for the next 3-4 years. How long do you keep your phone anyway? Chances are your interest will move to the next big thing before the N9/MeeGo is officially dead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Showed my n9 to my father recently, I told him he should consider to buy the wp7 version since meego is a dead end. He lost interest though when I told him it does not have swipe. Somehow he was totally into swipe after a few minutes.
Haha, my poor dad fell in love with swipe, then when he heard it's a dead end, walked away dejected... Stupid Nokia.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

I don't understand why it's a dead end. How many apps does you dad use/need?

Nokia is going to continue to support it for another few years, we've already had one update, another to be released soon, and confirmation of another in the pipe works

Like SamGan says, it all depends on your perspective. It's certainly not dead end for me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by Dared View Post

Nokia is going to continue to support it for another few years, we've already had one update, another to be released soon, and confirmation of another in the pipe works

Like SamGan says, it all depends on your perspective. It's certainly not dead end for me
You forget that the general public isn't us... I plan to keep my N9 well through 2015... Then I will survey the lay of the land when the time comes. My father on the other hand is easily moved by media information, like Iphones are good for you and there's an app for that. Sadly, we are the intelligent ones and realize the value of the N9, the general public (my father included) does not...
To me the N9 is not dead, but to the average user it was D.O.A.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
...To me the N9 is not dead, but to the average user it was D.O.A.
And many of us kept a* spare soldier - in case the first gets M.I.A. [Missing in Action!].

*I kept more than one though.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dared View Post
it is not the apps. if rumours are correct, next WP update will have the most complete social media integration from all smartphones, out of the box (adding skype & google+).

I also can't believe that N9's spotify just can't show back - play/pause - forward -buttons in lock screen and in lumia the whole spotify is integrated to built in media stuff after installation.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
it is not the apps. if rumours are correct, next WP update will have the most complete social media integration from all smartphones, out of the box (adding skype & google+).

I also can't believe that N9's spotify just can't show back - play/pause - forward -buttons in lock screen and in lumia the whole spotify is integrated to built in media stuff after installation.
Hmmmm, of course, everybody should choose their phone based on what they really need ... and want ... it is N9 for me and I am waiting PR 1.2 and then PR 1.3 impatiently

Of course, I do not know a situation a year later, but we will see that ... I prefer not guess that ... but yes, I believe that the both ones are better year later ...

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
Hmmmm, of course, everybody should choose their phone based on what they really need
..and that is exactly why apps isn't everything. apps are usually just like stickers glued on top of the monitor: makes something possible but doesn't make that much sense compared to thoroughly integrated user interface (read: something that can be shown in the monitor). I'd prefer out of the box experience over app selection in appstore any day. that is why windows phone kicks *** if you want to introduce your dad to social networking. I just took my N900 to my parents for skype and the integration to OS made things so simple that my little sister no longer needs to guide them through when they want to message or call via skype, unlike how it worked with normal pc client.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Fact is it will probably receive its last big update next month (I hope otherwise of course) and has a very limited app catalogue. I would recommend the N9 to a smartphone veteran who knows what he is dealing with, but not to a newbie.

Fact is it will probably receive its last big update next month (I hope otherwise of course) and has a very limited app catalogue. I would recommend the N9 to a smartphone veteran who knows what he is dealing with, but not to a newbie.
It is not fact ... PR 1.3 is already under work ... and it is not end ...

Apps are not limited any longer and more is coming all the time - I have all apps what I need (and many unnecessary ones too) ... what are you missing ? - I know only 2 missing ones, whatsapp and shazam (or similar one as shazam), but I am not missing either one ...

Well, my daughter is a newbie and she really like her N9 ... well, she does not even know what means OS - she will buy one that she likes most just on that moment (she does not care what is brand or OS) ...