Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
No, -r is hard-reset, it is the one everybody knows messes all your stuff up.

-e is a soft-reset.

It supposedly "restores databases" prior to killing everything, well it turns out, it does not restore messages, or contacts.

The Following User Says Thank You to optimaxxx For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
No, -r is hard-reset, it is the one everybody knows messes all your stuff up.

-e is a soft-reset.

It supposedly "restores databases" prior to killing everything, well it turns out, it does not restore messages, or contacts.

Hmmmm....

When did say to to do tracker-control -e?

Whenever I inform somebody to do a command I give out its consequences so how you got what you've gotten is beyond me

This is a thread from sometime ago...For you to come here and post warning someone of something that has happened quite long ago is a bit vain...I don't see your point...

Maybe you could enlighten me why you were dragging me in...OR maybe you are not referring to me but somebody else then just mention that person by name instead of leaving it to interpretation...

@Manatus

Thanks for your post. Finally my pictures and music shows up on my N9. Finally!

On my end, I got the impression that the issue came from the music that was pre-installed as part of the MMC. I had many many errors, but as you stated most of them looked ok.
When I removed (read deleted) one of the songs that was included in the MMC (not mine originally), all of a sudden everything was fine. Interestingly (but maybe unrelated), last time I flashed the phone with PR1.3, I used an MMC that did not include any music and I had no tracker problems. At the time I thought that might be because I used nokia link "better" (whatever that means), but now I wonder...

Anyway, thank you!

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
I documented the procedure I used to hard-reset the tracker (I had some issues with RSS feeds) without loosing too much data. Here's the post, translated by Big Brother (original language is German).
However it's far from being perfect, but maybe somebody can benefit from the list.

Last edited by mpy; 2012-10-22 at 16:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to mpy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mpy View Post
I documented the procedure I used to hard-reset the tracker (I had same issues with RSS feeds) without loosing too much data. Here's the post, translated by Big Brother (original language is German).
However it's far from being perfect, but maybe somebody can benefit from the list.
That is what someone should do as a last resort as its simply resetting tracker...The first line of defence is to check user-dirs.dirs for corruption. Next, check tracker logs to see if any idv3 tags or album arts are causing an issue or something else is making it stuck...If all else fails only then contemplate doing a tracker reset...

P.S. For the messages backup, N9QTweak implements a better method than Nokia/PC Suite...Try it, trust me

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
That is what someone should do as a last resort as its simply resetting tracker...
Sure, you are right. My post wasn't intended as a general advice. But resetting was helpful for me, only after the whole procedure I noticed that the birthdays were doubled and I thought ,,Oh no -- the same procedure again...''. That's why I wanted to save others from doing the same fault(s) as I did.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
P.S. For the messages backup, N9QTweak implements a better method than Nokia/PC Suite...Try it, trust me
Thanks for the hint (I'll add it also to my Blogpost). And due to that I also discovered the N9 Button Monitor -- sounds very promising.

Last edited by mpy; 2012-10-22 at 16:56.

Hi,

i had some tracker issues where new images etc would not be shown, so i tried resetting. Still after a reset and contacts restore (Restored to my GMail account and resynced) no images are shown except for those that is captured via the camera.

/home/user/.cache # tracker-control -S
Store:
27 Oct 2012, 18:35:38: ✓ Store - Idle

Miners:
27 Oct 2012, 18:35:38: ✓ Applications - Idle
27 Oct 2012, 18:35:38: ✓ Userguides - Idle
27 Oct 2012, 18:35:38: ✓ File System - Idle

Snapping a picture OR copying a file shows process, only the image from the camera shows up in the gallery;

/home/user/.cache # tracker-control -F
Store:
27 Oct 2012, 18:36:09: ✓ Store - Idle

Miners:
27 Oct 2012, 18:36:09: ✓ Applications - Idle
27 Oct 2012, 18:36:09: ✓ Userguides - Idle
27 Oct 2012, 18:36:09: ✓ File System - Idle
Press Ctrl+C to end follow of Tracker state
27 Oct 2012, 18:36:28: ✓ File System - Processing…
27 Oct 2012, 18:36:28: ✓ File System - Idle

Permissions for /home/user/.cache/tracker/
d---rwx--- 2 metadata metadata 4.0K Oct 27 17:24 tracker

Any ideas, i would really love to be able to see images again ;-)

Best Regards,
Larksyrm

could you paste the output of:

Code:
ls /home/user/

I found my users-dir.dirs was all f*cked up. Now tracker is processing filesystem and some files are showing. Waiting...waiting...

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
i still didnt resolve mine -.-

tried reinstalling via nokia suite but didnt help.... will trz now flashing via phoneix...

why does this even happen?
had simular problems on n900...