From Best Buy USA, the Pebble Smart Watch is $149 US. Not sure what that is in Indian Rupees.
http://bestbuy.com/pebble

The Following User Says Thank You to grazer For This Useful Post:
Pebble was for sale on the Best Buy USA site, but they are sold out now, but they list the price as $149.99 US:
http://bestbuy.com/pebble

Good thing to see libpebble (with lightblue?) working on Harmattan/N9.

Any chance we can get a .deb with libpebble and eventual lightblue? Or just the changes needed. I tried to compile it all together, on my N9 but dependency-hell caught me when attempting to gcc lightblue.

And I could not find any rfcomm either.

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
I haven't had time to do much on Rockwatch recently, I had been hoping to get the notification stuff sorted out before making a release, but it looks like I won't have time to do much with that for a while. So for now I've pushed the current rough version to a gitorious repository:

https://gitorious.org/rockwatch

So anyone who's interested can have a go at implementing notification support if they want to.

Originally Posted by thomasez View Post
Any chance we can get a .deb with libpebble and eventual lightblue? Or just the changes needed. I tried to compile it all together, on my N9 but dependency-hell caught me when attempting to gcc lightblue.
Pre-compiled versions of lightblue and other dependencies can be found in the deps/ folder in the above repository.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thomasez View Post
Good thing to see libpebble (with lightblue?) working on Harmattan/N9.

And I could not find any rfcomm either.
Well, biting the dust and installing Scratchbox was somethign I should have done long time ago and way easier than trying to use the phone itself.

Edit: took some time before I ended up posting this one and have to add this:

Thanks alot for putting rockwatch on Gitorious! Gonna look at it asap. As my own project there is no license. I'd love to cook from it (to get a better look, I guess using QML).
So I used it to build lightblue and PyBluez and packaged those two with libpebble.

The tarball is available here.

I also have made a disc golf scorecard application using PySide which uses the Pebble to add throws and g to next basket. It uses the music application ad "front end" (aka cheating.)

https://github.com/thomasez/WalkInThePark

It doesn't look even close to as good as the app shown on the video but this is what I ended up with. For now at least.

Last edited by thomasez; 2013-07-28 at 15:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thomasez For This Useful Post:
Elleo, thanks for the source! I'm going to play around with it next week and see if I can make it work on my n9. So excited!

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I see lately a problem with libpebble - I can't get a firmware update to install through it for instance (be it through Rockwatch or manually). The GitHub repo didn't get updated with all the latest releases and after the two-way SDK .

This seems like the only active fork (httpebble one), may help:
https://github.com/aleksandyr/libpebble/commits/master

Seems only the firmware update is affected and crashes at 50%, I managed to fix the rest (no Python 2.x support in libpebble).

Last edited by Bundyo; 2013-09-09 at 03:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I am really new here. Just got my pebble would like to install Rockwatch.
Seems to me that the github links leads me only to the source code?
What do I need to do to install it on my N9?

Sorry for the Newbie question

M

The Following User Says Thank You to groucho999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by groucho999 View Post
Hello,

I am really new here. Just got my pebble would like to install Rockwatch.
Seems to me that the github links leads me only to the source code?
What do I need to do to install it on my N9?

Sorry for the Newbie question

M
You'd probably be best waiting until I make a release through the Ovi Store, the current version is only really aimed at developers wanting to help out, it's not really ready for general use yet.

However I have found some time recently and have made a number of improvements:
  • Vastly reduced CPU usage and power consumption
  • Added a DBUS interface so other apps can interact with the pebble easily
  • Fixed music resuming
  • Added the ability to automatically reconnect if the pebble gets disconnected
  • Modified the app install process so that reinstalling existing apps doesn't result in multiple copies of the same app
  • Added the ability to list installed apps and delete them

I'm currently working on python implementation of MNotificationSink to handle notifications, once that's completed and integrated with Rockwatch I'll be making a public release for general users.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
You'd probably be best waiting until I make a release through the Ovi Store, the current version is only really aimed at developers wanting to help out, it's not really ready for general use yet.

However I have found some time recently and have made a number of improvements:
  • Vastly reduced CPU usage and power consumption
  • Added a DBUS interface so other apps can interact with the pebble easily
  • Fixed music resuming
  • Added the ability to automatically reconnect if the pebble gets disconnected
  • Modified the app install process so that reinstalling existing apps doesn't result in multiple copies of the same app
  • Added the ability to list installed apps and delete them

I'm currently working on python implementation of MNotificationSink to handle notifications, once that's completed and integrated with Rockwatch I'll be making a public release for general users.

Great new and really nice to see you working on this again! Thank you

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, smart watch